You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-18 16:53:34

mazhar

OGRE yaourt installation error

Hi, i was installing rigsofrods using yaourt which seems to need OGRE installed, and goes for installation automaticly. But i get 2 errors and the output text is this ( i'm asking because i don't understand it and i have no clue):

/tmp/yaourt-tmp-mazhar/aur-ogre-1.8/src/ogre_src_v1-8-1/RenderSystems/GL/src/atifs/src/ps_1_4.cpp:689:1: error: narrowing conversion of '-35051' from 'int' to 'uint {aka unsigned int}' inside { } [-Wnarrowing]
};
lots of similiar lines
/tmp/yaourt-tmp-mazhar/aur-ogre-1.8/src/ogre_src_v1-8-1/RenderSystems/GL/src/atifs/src/ps_1_4.cpp:1003:1: error: narrowing conversion of '-35133' from 'int' to 'uint {aka unsigned int}' inside { } [-Wnarrowing]
make[2]: *** [RenderSystems/GL/CMakeFiles/RenderSystem_GL.dir/build.make:279: RenderSystems/GL/CMakeFiles/RenderSystem_GL.dir/src/atifs/src/ps_1_4.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:159: RenderSystems/GL/CMakeFiles/RenderSystem_GL.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:150: all] Error 2
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
    Aborting...
==> ERROR: Makepkg was unable to build ogre-1.8.

what am i supposed to do? hmm

Last edited by mazhar (2016-07-18 16:54:14)

We are archers, we live in dark to serve the light.

#2 2016-07-18 17:24:57

x33a
Forum Fellow

Re: OGRE yaourt installation error

Read the comments here: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/ogre-1.8/

Moving to AUR issues.

#3 2016-07-18 17:25:32

ewaller
Administrator

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=214518

Moderator note: Moving to AUR issues.
Moderator note 2:  Too slow

Last edited by ewaller (2016-07-18 17:27:12)

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#4 2016-07-18 17:29:41

mazhar

x33a wrote:

Read the comments here: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/ogre-1.8/

Moving to AUR issues.

thanks, and sorry smile i never saw comments in AUR cause ever since i installed arch i haven't used AUR much. should i delete this topic or something? (to avoid spam or anything)

Last edited by mazhar (2016-07-18 17:29:55)

#5 2016-07-18 17:32:32

ewaller
Administrator

mazhar wrote:

thanks, and sorry

Don't be.

i never saw comments in AUR cause ever since i installed arch i haven't used AUR much. should i delete this topic or something? (to avoid spam or anything)

Nope.  It is good to learn from the mistakes of others.  Someone once said there is not enough time time make them all yourself (or something to that effect)
If it works, do mark the thread as solves by prepending [SOLVED] to the title by editing your first post.

Last edited by ewaller (2016-07-18 17:33:22)

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---

#6 2016-07-18 17:38:15

mazhar

ewaller wrote:
mazhar wrote:

thanks, and sorry

Don't be.

i never saw comments in AUR cause ever since i installed arch i haven't used AUR much. should i delete this topic or something? (to avoid spam or anything)

Nope.  It is good to learn from the mistakes of others.  Someone once said there is not enough time time make them all yourself (or something to that effect)
If it works, do mark the thread as solves by prepending [SOLVED] to the title by editing your first post.

before anything i respect your enthusiasm replies big_smile
just a quick question: to make these changes in compile (as said in the reference), what should i change if i use yaourt instead of compiling myself (which now is a necessary topic i should start learning)? i mean change PKGBUILD? or ogre-1.8.install? ( i saw these options as a Y/N in yaourt installation process)

Last edited by mazhar (2016-07-18 17:39:31)

#7 2016-07-18 17:41:17

x33a
Forum Fellow

This is why we don't recommend using yaourt. But, it should have some option to modify the PKGBUILD before parsing it. Search in the help output of yaourt.

#8 2016-07-18 17:47:08

mazhar

x33a wrote:

This is why we don't recommend using yaourt. But, it should have some option to modify the PKGBUILD before parsing it. Search in the help output of yaourt.

i see. do you think its better for my understanding if i remove these packages and yaourt, instead learn compiling and deal with them directly?
isnt it too complicated for a newbie?

#9 2016-07-18 17:55:52

ewaller
Administrator

I recommend every newcomer learn how to use the AUR before using an automated tool.  Just like fledgling pilots are discouraged from using an autopilot.   

I do use an AUR helper, but can fly by hand when things start to go wrong.   After you understand how to do it by hand, then use an AUR helper.  Here is an article on AUR helpers.  Might I suggest you look at the table and select one that has a lot of green entries. Then consider why we do not recommend that which was your first choice wink

---

#10 2016-07-18 18:06:35

mazhar

ewaller wrote:

I recommend every newcomer learn how to use the AUR before using an automated tool.  Just like fledgling pilots are discouraged from using an autopilot.   

I do use an AUR helper, but can fly by hand when things start to go wrong.   After you understand how to do it by hand, then use an AUR helper.  Here is an article on AUR helpers.  Might I suggest you look at the table and select one that has a lot of green entries. Then consider why we do not recommend that which was your first choice wink

oh dear lord yikes thanks! it's like i was going opposite way. so i'll change the plan and i'll install this later, Although i would mark it as SOLVED as soon as i solve it.
thank you both (ewaller x33a) i hope you have a nice day/night (here is night)
smile

#11 2016-07-21 19:57:04

Megameneer

I'm sorry if this post looks like I'm praising myself, but I think that this post is quite useful.

I recommend you to use rigsofrods-git, since it is way more up to date and also does not require OGRE 1.8 (see http://forum.rigsofrods.org/thread-325.html ). But if you want to use the package rigsofrods, you can adapt the PKGBUILD so that it works (at least for me it did), see https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=214518 .

If you want to use rigsofrods-git, please take a look at the comments, because the current PKGBUILD is quite broken and you will need to manually copy the binaries to their places. I have sent some corrections to the maintainer, they will be applied soon.
But if you want a working PKGBUILD now, you can try rigsofrods-noangelscript-git, which is a modified version of Rigs of Rods to work without Angelscript, but since it lacks Angelscript, it lacks a lot of features that are normally provided by Angelscript.

Cheers,

Dennis

#12 2016-07-22 07:45:04

mazhar

Megameneer wrote:

I'm sorry if this post looks like I'm praising myself, but I think that this post is quite useful.

I recommend you to use rigsofrods-git, since it is way more up to date and also does not require OGRE 1.8 (see http://forum.rigsofrods.org/thread-325.html ). But if you want to use the package rigsofrods, you can adapt the PKGBUILD so that it works (at least for me it did), see https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=214518 .

If you want to use rigsofrods-git, please take a look at the comments, because the current PKGBUILD is quite broken and you will need to manually copy the binaries to their places. I have sent some corrections to the maintainer, they will be applied soon.
But if you want a working PKGBUILD now, you can try rigsofrods-noangelscript-git, which is a modified version of Rigs of Rods to work without Angelscript, but since it lacks Angelscript, it lacks a lot of features that are normally provided by Angelscript.

Cheers,

Dennis

Hi Dennis, thanks for your useful information smile due to some personal reasons (studying, work) i postponed enjoying rigs of rods, But the minute i start looking forward to it, i'll consider your recommendation.

Hope you have the best day big_smile

Board footer