A lot of the kde apps won't start - get an error message that they can't find this library. I just did a symbolic link to libdbus-1.so.2.0.0 and it worked fine.
ln -sf libdbus-1.so.2.0.0 libdbus-1.so.1
I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts...
do you have dbus-0.61-2 installed? I recall this problem with 0.62-1..
Yes. This problem is know since we had the dbus update. A small link fixes it. In arch32 the old file is no more present too.
I've updated the kde packages before syam did the dbus update. I would have to rebuild tons of packages (Firefox, Thunderbird and more). But that small link is as good and saves a lot of time
I wonder why arch32 Firefox is not affected or why ours is
The link is no good solution as it breaks other things. Remove the link.
With latest updates(avahi) my problems are gone.
What else did that break/ I had that issue before and a ln -s fixed it for me, nothing else seemed broken.
And on the 8th day, God gave the people Google so that all the problems of the universe could be researched from one central place. And it was good.
The point with a bumped .soname is that these things aren't done for nothing. Some applications will work fine since they got linked to dbus "only because of .la files", but applications that use dbus itself will have weird behaviour because of changed functions.