You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-19 11:06:56

polc

GDM started 2 time

Hello,

I just installed my first arch linux and I'm trying to configure everything. When I boot I'm on terminal 2 and GDM is started, if I switch to terminal 1 (CTRL + ALT + F1), GDM is also started, it seem weird to me, is there a way to start GDM only one time ?

Also a other non-related question but  there is all the gnome related folders in /root (Document, Music, Video, ..). I deleted all but the folders came back. I want a clean root folder, do you know how to disable gnome for root or something?

#2 2016-07-19 12:12:58

heftig
Developer

Re: GDM started 2 time

GDM leaves the login screen around because it was simpler when non-root X and Wayland sessions were implemented, since these could not reuse the existing X display.
The implementation could be extended to shut down the login screen while not in use. This is tracked at https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=747339 . However, it doesn't seem to get any priority.

---

The directory creation process should also have created /root/.config/user-dirs.dirs. As long as you do not delete this file, deleted directories should not come back, and their definitions will be set to the homedir itself.

Alternatively, you can systemctl --global disable xdg-user-dirs-update to disable the XDG dir management for all users.

Last edited by heftig (2016-07-19 12:19:52)

#3 2016-07-22 12:56:27

polc

Re: GDM started 2 time

Thanks for the explanations !

Board footer