You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-25 09:38:39

scindix
Website

gnome fileroller prompts: error ocurred while loading archive

Hi guys,
Basically I'm trying to resolve an issue with owncloud which seems to generate zip files that I can't open with file-roller because it prompts the following error message: "An error ocurred while loading the archive"
At first I was assuming a bug in owncloud and thus I filed a bug which can be seen here: https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues … -234897383
A developer answered me that he could open it with the exact same version as I used. So I have to make sure that this isn't a problem with my system (which this definitely looks like)

The bug report actually already says it all. But here's a brief summary of the issue:

First go to the website demo.owncloud.org , log in (credentials are already filled out) and try to download the folder "music". It will download a zip file. If I open that zip file with file-roller I get the aforementioned error. There's no error on the terminal. However it seems that this error doesn't occur for others. What could be the problem?

Best regards

#2 2016-07-25 11:09:27

Awebb

Re: gnome fileroller prompts: error ocurred while loading archive

Try unzipping it from the command line. 7-Zip on my Windows box complains about a broken header, but extracts the file without further complaints.

#3 2016-07-25 11:35:10

ooo

Re: gnome fileroller prompts: error ocurred while loading archive

It's not only on your system. I got identical errors with the demo Music.zip with file-roller and 'unzip -T'.

Board footer