You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-07 09:02:11

Cyprien

LENOVO YOGA 700 Wifi, touchpad, touchscreen

I succeed to Install Archlinux in my brand whaou new laptop, nevertheless with some complications.

1) WIFI

At first, not working, wifi-menu returned me an error which I could manage by "modprobe blacklist ideapad-laptop"; "rfkill unblock all"; "wpa_supplicant [...]" command relevant to my network; swithed to TTI2;  "DHCPCD [MyDeviceName]"to get an ip adress afterwards I could have a ping return and Install Arch AND rfkill. From the environment I just had to "rfkill unblock all"; "systemctl enable NetworkManager" and now it works like a charm.

2)TouchPad

At first, not working. I was unable to make any move so I installed the Synaptics driver and now I can change parameters with Synclient, I can even manually update them to /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-synaptics.conf AND /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-synaptics.conf but It always downgrades to a lower configuration which is kind of a mystery.

3) Touchscreen

I used this laptop with windows 10 when i recieved it. It has a lot of fonctionnalities like every tablet or phone : one tap, long click for a right click, one finger drag, rotate, zoom.
I choose thit laptop because it has a tablet mode when i 360° turn the screen. This feature is detected by default by xinput and automatically locks the keyboard which is a good news !
Now i would configure it to be used as a multitouch screen not as a pointing device as it is detected by evdev.
If I have time for it I will create an other thread in the appropriate section to exchange about this subject.

Last edited by Cyprien (2016-04-07 09:50:36)

#2 2016-07-25 13:00:48

npinn001

Re: LENOVO YOGA 700 Wifi, touchpad, touchscreen

Cyprien wrote:

I succeed to Install Archlinux in my brand whaou new laptop, nevertheless with some complications.

1) WIFI

At first, not working, wifi-menu returned me an error which I could manage by "modprobe blacklist ideapad-laptop"; "rfkill unblock all"; "wpa_supplicant [...]" command relevant to my network; swithed to TTI2;  "DHCPCD [MyDeviceName]"to get an ip adress afterwards I could have a ping return and Install Arch AND rfkill. From the environment I just had to "rfkill unblock all"; "systemctl enable NetworkManager" and now it works like a charm.

2)TouchPad

At first, not working. I was unable to make any move so I installed the Synaptics driver and now I can change parameters with Synclient, I can even manually update them to /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-synaptics.conf AND /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-synaptics.conf but It always downgrades to a lower configuration which is kind of a mystery.

3) Touchscreen

I used this laptop with windows 10 when i recieved it. It has a lot of fonctionnalities like every tablet or phone : one tap, long click for a right click, one finger drag, rotate, zoom.
I choose thit laptop because it has a tablet mode when i 360° turn the screen. This feature is detected by default by xinput and automatically locks the keyboard which is a good news !
Now i would configure it to be used as a multitouch screen not as a pointing device as it is detected by evdev.
If I have time for it I will create an other thread in the appropriate section to exchange about this subject.

Is it the 14" or the 11" model you have? I have the 11" model and i cannot get the touchpad to work. The touchscreen works, and an external USB mouse works, but the touchpad does not work. If i type xinput it wont even list the device. How did you get it working?

Board footer