You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-25 13:06:05

npinn001

Touchscreen laptop - trackpad not working

I have a laptop which is a lenovo yoga 700 which has a touchscreen and an elan/synaptic touchpad. On installing arch, I could get the touchscreen working and a USB mouse, but the touchpad isn't even recognised on the hwinfo command.

Synaptic driver doesn't work either. Does this mean that I cannot use both the touchscreen and the touchpad?

Does anyone have any ideas or something I am missing?

Thankyou

#2 2016-07-25 14:39:48

ewaller
Administrator

Re: Touchscreen laptop - trackpad not working

A while back, there was an issue with i2c based touch screens not playing nicely with i2c based touch pads that were on the same i2c bus.  Take a look at the output of lsmod and see if you can determine which modules are being loaded for the touch screen -- especially look for any names that allude to i2c.  We will want to blacklist the touch screen drivers.    Like I say, it has been a couple years, but you may want to search these forums with the keywords i2c and touch

Edit:  Okay, I dredged up this old post https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=181951
See if your system is using the i2c_hid module

Last edited by ewaller (2016-07-25 14:39:56)

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Board footer