You are not logged in.

#26 2004-02-29 08:15:10

natael
Website

Re: Live CD for newbies and dial up users

Mr Green wrote:

Someone close this thread now !

enough is enough!

Please don't. I find jlowell's whiny bitching strangely entertaining.

#27 2004-02-29 10:04:19

sarah31
Website

jlowell wrote:

And this your badge of courage, that you lack the maturity and self-control to be courteous? You elevate yourself somehow by being "curt, annoying, stubborn, harsh, and offensive to newcomers"? I mean the words are yours, Xentac.

and

Well sir, Mr. Dusty,

If you can find no way to improve upon.....[snip]
.....I'm afraid that you'll find me a rather persistent antagonist here in the future

so it is just fine for you to be out of control and troll people's posts and constantly put them down? you consider this in control and mature? you consider this non-pathological?

the only person i see as out of control, uncourteous, immature, insulting, rude and obnoxious is you. maybe the reason you pity me so much is that you pity yourself?

do you not realize that following me around in this forum and posting venomous ranting makes you looks like just as big a psycho as you make out to be? what would a newcomer think? i know what i would think ... "I better steer clear of this guy as he is obviously unbalanced, crazy, etc." Or is that what you are aiming to do? you want to threaten or scare the community into your way of thinking?

i may challenge or question people's actions contributions but when i have i ever said stop doing something. rasat commented very well as to why i questioned his projects. in fact he nailed it on the head. on the other hand if you don't like something or someone you publically wish them gone. you try and think of every possible venomous thing you can say to take control and drive the person away.

i am not your little lap dog to kick around neither is Jason. i am staying on this forum as long as i feel i can still contribute. most of the time i will not question other people actions or projects (except for clarification) but if i feel the project is intrustive or misleading i will state my opinion. if people want to get all whiny and insecure then they are free to do so but i have a hell of alot more respect for someone like rasat who despite my hard questioning and reaction to his project takes the time to RESPECTFULLY respond. i think rasat is aware that i have absolutely no ill feelings towards him in fact i applaud all his hard work. i applaud his masterful work on the wiki, his livecd, AND hwd. all that i would hope is that all his newbie directed projects still focus on easing a newbie into getting comfortable with using the commandline and manually configuring their system.

why i and many others would perfer this is because it is obviously NOT a goal of the developers to be like a mandrake or lindows. when you make a distro like that it can make it very hard to be as configuarble as many people using arch want it to be. you also start forcing people to use settings they may not like. alot of things in mandrake, debian or fedora you cannot change without fear of breaking something else. arch is not bound by that.

getting ones hands dirty, so to speak. is a very good thing for when you HAVE TO use the commandline to trouble shoot. i don't know very many people that have NOT had to use the the commnadline yet in linux. a mandraker would commonly go into fits and reinstall. but and archer (or even debian user) may not as both tend to teach you alot before you can even get into x and that knowledge is almost always applicable to trouble shooting later on.

using a *nix without knowing the components of your computer or not ever wanting to use the commandline or manually configure something is just plain stupid. one of the best things about a nix system is that one can be productive even in console.

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#28 2004-02-29 10:10:52

tehdely
Website

So, how about them kernels

[Arch GNUstep Repository] [ PKGBUILDS ]
[code][gnustep]
Server = ftp://blkwidow.lerp.com/pub/mirror/arch/gnustep[/code]

#29 2004-02-29 10:56:07

sarah31
Website

kernels are nice.

i use a mach kernel and in linux the 2.6.3 kernel.

i kinda wish they did not remove the generic usb scanner module though because libusb is poorly documented and seems to not be as easy as the scanner module was.

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#30 2004-02-29 10:57:50

Mr Green
Forum Fellow
Website

libusb is a breeze  lol

Mr Green

Mr Green

#31 2004-02-29 11:24:00

tehdely
Website

I had to comment some stuff out in the uhci driver so I could still use my pen drive after waking my laptop up from sleep, instead of finding that the entire USB subsystem was DOA until next reboot.  sad

[Arch GNUstep Repository] [ PKGBUILDS ]
[code][gnustep]
Server = ftp://blkwidow.lerp.com/pub/mirror/arch/gnustep[/code]

#32 2004-02-29 11:55:38

Moo-Crumpus

Come on, stop head bashing.
Some have better days, and it's better to leave fingers from keyboard on a more bad day. Let's have a cup of coffee, a glass of whine, whatever, calm down and leave emotions away from linux, you ... trolls  wink .

Frumpus addict
[mu'.krum.pus], [frum.pus]

#33 2004-02-29 11:58:24

Mr Green
Forum Fellow
Website

White or Red ? lol

Mr G

Mr Green

Board footer