You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-02 19:52:29

EvilxFish

opencv official package PKGBUILD change request

Dear madams/sirs

First of all I apologize if this is the incorrect place for this post, I wasn't entirely sure where to put it.

The opencv pkgbuild should check to see if cuda is installed on the target and if it is include the cmake -D WITH_CUDA=ON option. This will allow opencv users to take advantage of the benefits of cuda. More information here: https://developer.nvidia.com/opencv

kind regards

Fish

#2 2016-08-02 20:04:23

alphaniner

Re: opencv official package PKGBUILD change request

But that wouldn't make sense because the packages in the repos are pre-compiled. And even if it could be done to benefit users of abs, I doubt it would be done, especially with the push towards reproducible builds.

Even for AUR packages, I'd wager it's pretty uncommon to have build options change based on installed packages.

But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist.
-Lysander Spooner

#3 2016-08-02 20:09:06

EvilxFish

how about a separate official package called opencv-withcuda?

#4 2016-08-02 20:19:26

eschwartz
Fellow

How about an AUR package ("opencv-cuda")? You can upload it yourself, without asking us for permission. wink

The official repos don't usually contain multiple versions of the same package with different options... if the package can be compiled with cuda support but only use cuda when it is available, then it can compiled with support and include an optdepends. Otherwise there is very little chance that they will hardcode a need for a 1.8GB dependency.

Managing AUR repos The Right Way -- aurpublish (now a standalone tool)

Board footer