You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-02 17:42:34

Avalith

World of Warcraft: Legion beta won't launch

I've posted about this on the Battle.net forums with steps I've tried and the results, but I'm not entirely convinced this is an issue on Blizzard's end so much as something I just need to change in Wine. To summarize the link, I get an error immediately after clicking play in the Battle.net app. I've already tried the following steps:

* Total purge of wine (and ~/.wine), followed by reinstall
* Changing WINEARCH to 32-bit. The 32-bit client will run the opening cinematic, but will immediately spit out a disconnected from server message.
* Running the 32-bit client in a 64-bit Wine environment. Same result as above.
* Changing Windows version in winecfg to Windows 7, 8.1, and 10. All of these cause issues with the Battle.net app not working properly compared to XP, but none will actually launch the game.
* Scan and repair tool, both during and after installation.
* Total reinstall of Battle.net app and Legion.

I haven't tinkered with DLL overrides yet because I was able to play for about an hour yesterday without them, not counting crashes anywhere from 5 seconds to 10 minutes of time in-game. My knowledge of the inner workings of Wine is admittedly a bit lacking, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is something obvious I'm overlooking unless it's an actual issue on Blizzard's end.

#2 2016-07-03 06:29:51

onslow77

Re: World of Warcraft: Legion beta won't launch

Avalith wrote:

...I get an error immediately after clicking play in the Battle.net app...

What is the error message you are getting?

Regards
Martin

It is advised to follow the How to post guide when posting on the Arch forum. If one consciously jumps over these elementary steps like reading the wiki and providing necessary information about the problem, one can be regarded as a Help Vampire.

#3 2016-08-03 11:44:46

Krogash86
Website

Re: World of Warcraft: Legion beta won't launch

Hi i cannot play the game anymore since i cannot even install it since the last patch of Battle.net

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. … ss=version

Board footer