You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-08 04:07:18

Espionage724
Website

QCA6174 (Lite-On) BT Weird With Microsoft Designer Mouse

My network adapter is a QCA6174 (Atheros) and uses Lite-On Bluetooth (04ca:3016). I have a Microsoft Designer Mouse.

If I put my mouse into pairing mode, I can't see it through GNOME's BT settings nor CLI. However, if I run hcitool lescan, the mouse shows under that tool and then it appears to GNOME's BT settings. So in order to connect the mouse to my laptop, I have to put it into pairing mode, and then run hcitool lescan for it to show up. The second strange thing is, the mouse has a really difficult time to re-connect and work after rebooting the computer (sometimes it works within a second or two of moving the mouse, sometimes it take 30+ seconds of furiously moving the mouse).

I've had an Intel 7265 wireless card for a short period in this computer, and it doesn't need hcitool lescan to find the mouse (I put the mouse into pairing mode, it's visible from GNOME's BT settings). The mouse also reconnects to the computer immediately without problem after rebooting. Basically, the mouse works flawlessly with that card.

Any ideas as to what I could do to make the mouse work better (aside from replacing the wireless adapter, mouse and/or using a dongle)?

The Microsoft Designer Mouse requires BT 4.0 and is a Low-energy device.

Last edited by Espionage724 (2016-08-08 04:07:50)

RoE | Wiki - My Linux set-up tweaks and notes!

Board footer