You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-12 05:31:50

dockland

A stop job is running for User Manager for UID 1000 - Gnome

I have read most of the boards and bugreports about this issue/bug or what ever it is. I get this when rebooting or shutting down my computer, but only with Gnome. When using only Xfce-install everything works as expected. it hangs 90 seconds everytime i reboot or shut down.
There is lots of reports regarding this issue, even here, but what is the root cause? Iv'e installer watchdog and enabled it and its running, but still, is the problem systemd 231 or is it with Gnome, or perhaps related to desktop enviroments, i see even some Plasma-users are affected aswell.

https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/2691

I possess a device, in my pocket, that is capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man.
I use it to look at funny pictures of cats and to argue with strangers.

#2 2016-10-31 13:12:20

anoble

Re: A stop job is running for User Manager for UID 1000 - Gnome

I'm seeing the same thing often times when I shutdown.

I'm also wondering if it is linked to my Wifi connectivity problems. After I've had Gnome and NetworkManager running for a while my Wifi will freeze up (still connected but no traffic can get out at all).

systemctl restart NetworkManager

fixes it but only temporarily and it usually freezes up again in a few minutes. When I go to shut down I usually see the "A stop job is running for User Manager for UID 1000" message.

Board footer