You are not logged in.

#26 2016-08-15 07:36:08

graysky
Wiki Maintainer
Website

Re: UEFI - how to boot with a nvme drive

You use pacstrap to enter the chroot, not from within the chroot...

CPU-optimized Linux-ck packages @ Repo-ck  • AUR packagesZsh and other configs

#27 2016-08-15 07:58:27

V1del
Forum Moderator

When in the chroot you don't have to use pacstrap anymore, just

pacman -S linux

(The article you followed pertains to doing a complete installation without a seperate installation usb which isn't the case here) And make sure to have the /boot partition mounted (post the output of

mount

) Use a pastebin client to post output without having to type it by hand

While I somewhat admire your tenacity, are you sure this is the right distribution for you? You struggle with what I think to be very basic concepts and Arch will give you a lot of grief if you don't understand those concepts. If you still insist on continuing, I urge you to read the Beginner's guide top to bottom (it has recently been heavily simplified, but this means that the few lines that are there are basically all of significance, do yourself a favor, and do not just skim through. If one of the few lines is not enough information, it most often contains a link to further reading, follow those as well, if you don't understand something)

Last edited by V1del (2016-08-15 07:59:08)

#28 2016-09-26 21:14:41

waeh

I solved the problem a couple of weeks ago and have'nt got to thank you all.

The things that I had to do to get it working:
- after installing and reinstalling a lot, a clean drive (for me with samsung magician on a w7 install) helped a lot.
- In the installation guide when you generate the fstab with the -U option you need to remember to use PARTUUID when adding a boot record.
- I used efistub entry directly onto my mobo and had to deactivate secure boot.

V1del wrote:

While I somewhat admire your tenacity, are you sure this is the right distribution for you? You struggle with what I think to be very basic concepts and Arch will give you a lot of grief if you don't understand those concepts.

I sure hope that it will become less frustrating. But now i'm running a pretty flawless arch install with sddm and kde 5 and everything feels fantastic!

#29 2016-10-11 14:40:16

dawja

waeh wrote:

I sure hope that it will become less frustrating. But now i'm running a pretty flawless arch install with sddm and kde 5 and everything feels fantastic!

... and now you can drink all the "whiskeries" you want!!! wink

Board footer