You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-21 18:00:50

kdar

Start KODI and load nvidia-settings

Since XBMC was updated to KODI I been having a load of issues making it work right. My audio and nvidia acceleration of video playback is not working now on my main HTPC.

Before, I used to load nvidia-settings and xbmc-standalone from .xinitrc file (with startx) from my default username (kdaruser). With something similar to this:

exec nvidia-settings --load-config-only
exec ck-launch-session xbmc

However, for KODI I had to create new user (kodi) and start it with

sudo systemctl start kodi.service

and when it loads, I do not have audio and no video acceleration.

I am also trying to run my HTPC without any desktop environments, just KODI (that's why I was executing --load-config-only command before with XBMC).

Anyone who is using KODI here, how do you load nvidia settings and audio for KODI to work?
It also would be nice to still use my default user for kodi (kdaruser) instead of kodi user to which I will have to move a lot of files from kdaruser directory.

Last edited by kdar (2016-08-21 18:13:29)

#2 2016-08-21 18:40:11

graysky
Wiki Maintainer
Website

Re: Start KODI and load nvidia-settings

XBMC was rebranded to Kodi like 2 years ago... if you want a stand-alone kodi box, I recommend that you use kodi-standalone-service from the AUR with a fresh profile.  You shouldn't need extra exec lines.  Just get into the GUI and select your audio source from within.  If you're running kodi from your desktop, same advice: set-up the audio from the GUI.  See the kodi wiki for help with this if it's not obvious to you.

CPU-optimized Linux-ck packages @ Repo-ck  • AUR packagesZsh and other configs

Board footer