You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-25 20:05:33

n3t5

KDE Power managment not working

KDE's power manager stopped working. At fist I thought it was powertop or tlp after uninstalling those the proplem persisted. Basicly any setting (besides the lid switch) into the KDE power managmet settings are ignored and dims the screen at 2:15 and turns off the display at 3min but never suspends. I'm not sure if systemd isn't getting the inhibit commands or another program is issuing power managment comands.
PS.....when I shut the lid systemd would suspend the system because of the setting in /etc/systemd/logind.conf then when I opened the lid the system would power off because of KDE power settings. I changed the lid switch in  /etc/systemd/logind.conf to ingnore.

#2 2016-09-24 02:38:57

somekool

Re: KDE Power managment not working

i'm having same issue, i don't know since when... I was hoping it would get back... but not only the battery icon is back, the energy settings says power management daemon is not running

closing the lid of my laptop no longer lock the screen. and my laptop is always using full power... ;(

upower is running, I restarted it... now I am thinking to downgrade it.
is there other packages I should think of downgrading ?

#3 2017-01-29 15:57:20

Hyugga

I've just noticed i have the same problem.
In fact, i can't even set any preference in System Settings -> Power Management. It says that the module could not be loaded and i should check System Settings -> Startup and Shutdown to enable it. But when i check, i can't even see the option to enable it.
I have no battery widget either.

Upower is running and enabled.

Thanks.

Last edited by Hyugga (2017-01-29 15:58:06)

#4 2017-01-29 18:59:52

Hyugga

Installing Linux-lts seems to solve the problem...

Board footer