You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-28 20:50:27

Conder

[Solved] Intel and NVIDIA Graphics

Hello.

I have laptop with Intel Core i5 6200U (Intel Graphics 520) and NVIDIA GeForce 940M. When I was using Ubuntu and installed proprietary driver, it installed also "Nvidia X Server Settings" in which I was able to switch between integrated and dedicated GPU. How I can do this on Arch? Atm I have installed Intel graphics drivers (xf86-video-intel & mesa-libgl) and everything is OK. However when I installed nvidia, nvidia-libgl and nvidia-settings and then ran nvidia-xconfig, it generated new X config and after reboot I couldnt start X and I had to restore old X config. Can someone help please how to do it correctly? Thanks for help.

//okay, bumblebee solved this. thx

Last edited by Conder (2016-09-01 12:33:11)

#2 2016-08-29 05:20:20

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: [Solved] Intel and NVIDIA Graphics

You probably want to search for bumblebee. And the term 'optimus' for background information.

Of course, if you'd bothered to take a look at the nvidia wiki page you would already know that smile

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2016-08-29 05:38:54

mazhar

Re: [Solved] Intel and NVIDIA Graphics

yeah, i had the same confusion. it totally works well now with bumblebee smile

We are archers, we live in dark to serve the light.

Board footer