You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-21 17:56:35

declan.marks

Audio not unmuting

I am having problems with audio. It can mute successfully but cannot unmute. I am using xfce and using the sound indicator within the indicator-pluginS. I have installed xfce4-volumed pulseaudio-alsa. The volume notification shows it changing but actually it doesn’t

I also had to change the default sound device because it was defaulting to HDMI. I have uploaded videos demonstrating what happens. I have also uploaded an image of pulseaudio control panel.

When using alsamixer the default soundcard it opens with, the mute and unmute works, it isn’t until I change it to another card. See video demonstrating.

Link to uploads: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= … sp=sharing

#2 2016-05-21 18:06:32

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: Audio not unmuting

What are we supposed to see in those videos?  Everything looks perfectly normal.

You say it works with the default card, but it stops working when you change to another card.  If this is the case, then just don't switch the controls to the wrong card.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2016-05-21 20:26:13

declan.marks

I've just fixed this buy following a guide on the ubuntu help page. There was nothing on the arch wiki on how to fix this, not that I could find.

I entered this: xfconf-query -c xfce4-mixer -p /active-card -s 'PlaybackBuiltinAudioAnalogStereoPulseAudioMixer'

#4 2016-05-21 20:34:00

declan.marks

Just one more thing how do I disable pcspeaker. I have blacklisted the pcspkr module. When I press the tab key in the terminal it still beeps. I am running zshell

#5 2016-08-31 10:06:16

terrick

I also recently had this unmuting issue. For others who have it too, try one of the suggestions on this bug report page: https://bugs.launchpad.net/xfce4-volumed/+bug/883485

The second post worked for me:

1. Create the file /etc/asound.conf

with these contents:

pcm.pulse {
    type pulse
}
ctl.pulse {
    type pulse
}
pcm.!default {
    type pulse
}
ctl.!default {
    type pulse
}

2. Then add a keyboard shortcut in the xfce settings (settings -> keyboard)
with the command:

amixer set Master toggle

key: XF86AudioMute

Board footer