You are not logged in.

#1 2016-09-07 03:38:49

armando

Problems Registering Clicks on t460s

Hello, I have a brand new t460s that I just got running arch... It's been an awesome machine so far but I do have one minor issue that has been bothering me and I am trying to resolve if it is hardware or software related.

I am not interested in using the touchpad at all I am perfectly happy with the trackpoint and it's performance. However even though I have disable my touchpad in the bios, linux still recognizes it in a lsusb and movement works. However clicking or tapping has no function. I have resorted to disabling the touchpad device using xinput, which results in all input to the touchpad ceasing at least from what I can tell.

While this seems work perfectly fine. I seem to be experiencing missed clicks when using the trackpoint buttons. In addition to the missed click sometimes it also results in a drag lock of the item that I have clicked on and I have to click again to get it to release it. In all occurrences I have noticed that if I lift my right palm is overlapping the touchpad and if I remove it I am able to click without incident. Has anyone had any experience with this? I'm curious if disabling the trackpad in the bios for other t460s users resulted in it being actually disabled like it did on my x230. Any tips on if there is another device I need to disable other then the touchpad with xinput perhaps.

Board footer