You are not logged in.

#1 2016-09-09 17:14:49

Tallix

xfce4-power-manager does not use theme icons

Hi all,

I am using xfce and have been very happy with it up until a few versions of xfce4-power-manager ago, when the power manager's tray indicator stopped using my theme icons and started using its own icons. Notifications from the power manager also use these new and unwanted icons. Here is a screenshot of the icons I am seeing (linked below as well). I started noticing this issue with xfce4-power-manager version 1.6.0 and the issue continues in version 1.6.0.4.

Changing the icon theme does absolutely nothing. I tried upgrading the version of the icon theme I am using (numix-circle from the aur) and that did nothing. I tried switching to an icon theme that the wiki lists as fully supporting xfce, and that also did nothing.

I have dug around in /usr/share/icons and cannot find the icons that the power manager is using in any theme at any resolution. I do not have a ~/.icons folder.

It appears that the xfce power manager is (for some bizarre reason) using its own set of icons that I might be able to work around with symlinks if I only knew where they were stored, if the behavior can't be fixed properly.

Is anybody experiencing similar issues or does anyone have any idea what is happening and how to fix this?

Thanks!

Unwanted_Battery_Icons.png

#2 2016-09-09 19:15:59

toz

Re: xfce4-power-manager does not use theme icons

#3 2016-09-12 18:42:36

Tallix

Re: xfce4-power-manager does not use theme icons

Thanks for pointing out this thread, I'm not sure why I couldn't find it myself...

Board footer