You are not logged in.

#1 2016-09-16 02:58:06

tmsimont

Super key keeps locking

I'm on a Lenovo Yoga laptop.

When I hit Fn + Super + Down and then immediately follow with Fn + Super + Down, the super key gets locked.

Unforutnately, i have to use Fn + Down to get to my page down key on this keyboard.

So, when I'm switching workspaces I keep bumping into this "feature"

When I use Fn + Super + Down to move down 2 workspaces, I lock the super key. I try to start typing after releasing the super key, and all kinds of unexpected stuff happens (like typing lowercase L locks my screen)

Where is this "feature" coming from?

Is it Gnome?
Is it Xorg?

I'm hoping it's not the firmware on the Lenovo...

Anyone know how to kill this feature?

#2 2016-09-16 11:44:22

Awebb

Re: Super key keeps locking

I'm no Gnome user and I don't really know about sticky keys features in X, but this is how I'd proceed:

If it's xorg, then you have some entry in a file in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ or some script automatically launched by Gnome. I don't know whether there is an environment variable, but you could use the env command to find that out.

If it's Gnome, then a "sticky key" setting is on. I don't know where it is, I only know it exists (not a Gnome user), but you should find it by searching for "gnome 3 sticky keys". It should be either in the keyboard settings or in the accessibility settings.

If you want to rule out Gnome quickly or because you can't find the setting, install some WM like Openbox or i3, turn off GDM (?), write an .xinitrc with, say "exec i3" or "exec openbox" and use startx to, well, start X.

Board footer