You are not logged in.

#1 2016-09-21 04:01:22

quequotion
Website

[Solved] linux-pf: no more tuxonice?

Does anyone know why TuxOnIce has been dropped from linux-pf?

Is there something better or with complete feature parity to replace it in the mainline kernel now?

EDIT: Finally the kernel's built-in suspend is getting up to par with what tuxonice was; recently I have been able to suspend with uswsusp. It's a little buggy, but it more or less works.

Last edited by quequotion (2017-07-09 15:09:27)

#2 2016-09-21 04:35:36

frank604

Re: [Solved] linux-pf: no more tuxonice?

Why?  Dunno.  I did a quick search and there is no documentation or chat logs that would explain the change.  You are welcome to msg the maintainer and see if they respond?

If tuxonice is all you need (it is just a kernel patch), you can look at TuxOnIce Arch-Wiki and check out linux-ice from aur?  You can either read the pkgbuild and incorporate the patch into your custom kernel or just use this pkgbuild.

#3 2016-09-21 05:50:55

quequotion
Website

Re: [Solved] linux-pf: no more tuxonice?

frank604 wrote:

there is no documentation or chat logs that would explain the change

Yeah, that's why I asked; and not yet finding a way of contacting post-factum (well, I haven't tried the mostly-russian blog yet...).

check out linux-ice from aur?  You can either read the pkgbuild and incorporate the patch into your custom kernel

That's probably what I'll do (for -ck + -ice), just figured I'd ask first because there sometimes are people who know about these things around here. I almost asked in the linux-pf thread, but it's been dead almost a year.

Last edited by quequotion (2016-09-21 05:52:16)

Board footer