You are not logged in.

#1 2016-09-15 20:37:55

danyf90

Cannot stream audio through chromecast

Hello, has anyone been able to stream both video and audio of the whole screen through chromecast using chrome built in feature?
I am able to stream the video but the audio still flows through PC headset and i get an error like "cannot mirror audio on this device".
Maybe I need some additional package.

Thank you,
Daniele

#2 2016-09-23 07:25:47

Figgis

Re: Cannot stream audio through chromecast

danyf90 wrote:

Hello, has anyone been able to stream both video and audio of the whole screen through chromecast using chrome built in feature?

Yes without issue for over a year now.

and i get an error like "cannot mirror audio on this device".

We'll need the full error message.

what is your audio setup? are you using pulseaudio or just alsa? have you made any unique config changes? have you checked to make sure all the sinks are unmuted? more info required.

#3 2016-09-30 19:02:22

danyf90

Re: Cannot stream audio through chromecast

Figgis wrote:
danyf90 wrote:

Yes without issue for over a year now.

and i get an error like "cannot mirror audio on this device".

We'll need the full error message.

what is your audio setup? are you using pulseaudio or just alsa? have you made any unique config changes? have you checked to make sure all the sinks are unmuted? more info required.

Hello Figgis, thank you for your reply.

The error I get in the browser is "Impossibile eseguire il mirroring del sistema audio su questo dispositivo." which in English means more or less "Cannot execute audio mirroring on this device".

If i start chrome from a terminal the only output I can see is (not sure if it is related to mirroring or not):

4304:4304:0930/205310:ERROR:desktop_window_tree_host_x11.cc(904)] Not implemented reached in virtual void views::DesktopWindowTreeHostX11::InitModalType(ui::ModalType)
[4304:4333:0930/205532:ERROR:ssl_client_socket_impl.cc(1141)] handshake failed; returned -1, SSL error code 1, net_error -100

Yes, I am using pulseaudio (I think smile). How can I check that the sinks are unmuted?

Thank you,
Daniele

Board footer