You are not logged in.

#1 2016-09-26 15:43:07

Nicocys

[solved] Krunner freezes at startup

Hi,

I am using KDE5 on Arch on a laptop and krunner (the one you access with alt+f2 by default) freezes for ~10s the first time I use it after startup.
It only freezes if I start typing stuff in, and works perfectly then. There is a bug reported for it already ( https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=366407 ).
The funny thing is that I have a second laptop, also running KDE5 on Arch, which doesn't have this issue. Both installs are up to date.

I am not sure what is going on there, but my idea is that maybe there is some things in the cache (if there is such a thing here) which makes it hang-up when loading it into memory.
Is it possible to empty it without losing all my settings ?

Thanks !

Last edited by Nicocys (2016-09-27 11:58:34)

#2 2016-09-26 16:53:00

arojas
Developer

Re: [solved] Krunner freezes at startup

You should first find out which plugin is causing the delays. I suggest bisecting over the krunner plugins until you figure it out.

#3 2016-09-27 11:58:15

Nicocys

Re: [solved] Krunner freezes at startup

That is weird... I deactivated all search plugins from the krunner config menu, then rebooted just to be sure.
At the login after restarting, krunner responded nearly instantly (~1s lag at the first invocation). When I went in the menu to start reactivating plugins, I saw that all of them were active again.
It seems stable after a few restart, as well as from cold start. Not sure what happened, but I guess the problem is solved ?

Board footer