You are not logged in.

#7426 2016-09-17 22:26:33

baxter

Re: The AMD/ATI Bar & Grill

I installed amggpu-pro driver from AUR and OpenGL and OpenCL works as expected. Even hw video playback (VDPAU) works. However, I have two problems:

1) KDE window compositor isn't working. It crashes when I try to enable OpenGL compositor. I don't need fancy graphical effects.. However OpenGL compositing is the only way to make vsync work with firefox and chrome. Srolling a web page without vsync looks terrible. Is this a known bug? Is there some kind of workaround?

2) Card supports fan turn-off feature when GPU temps are under 60C ... on windows. On linux, fans are working all the time. They are not audible, however I'd like to know is it somehow possible to determine current fan speed and set a custom fan curve? I'd like to emulate similar behaviour on linux.

#7427 2016-09-18 17:53:21

Vi0L0
Website

I'm testing amdgpu-pro atm and observed massive glitches on KDE. turned out it doesn't like v=sync's "Re-use screen content" (systemsettings5 -> Display and Monitor -> Compositor), it's working fine with other v-sync variants. Maybe you were touched by this?

As for the second question - for sure there's no gui interface to manage card (or anything like aticonfig), i believe that we should be able to co access card via /sys/class/drm/card0/ (similar to https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ATI#Fan_Speed), but I can't see anything related to hwmon there. I could be missing fan conrtol since i removed it and mounted watercooling, but even I should see some oc there. Looks like some guys have success with it: https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/commen … n_control/

Edit: Tested CSGO and Metro Redux and already missing oss amdgpu, still can't believe that difference in porformance is that big (especially in Metro). But yeah, OpenCL runs fine. AMD should switch devs to oss amdgpu asap and add both opencl and official vulkan, it would be almost perfect then :>

Last edited by Vi0L0 (2016-09-18 17:58:20)

#7428 2016-09-18 18:07:07

diesel1
Arch Linux f@h Team Member

ViOLO,
I cannot get X to start at all. I have started from scratch but even with stock arch I get errors. I have also installed the kernel package from you and the mesa-git packages but X just kèeps throwing errors.

[DRM] [IfTrace_DC]■dc_pre_commit_surfaces_to_target: commit 1 surfaces to target 0xaec5a180

Diesel1.

Last edited by diesel1 (2016-09-18 18:12:08)

Registered GNU/Linux user #140607.

#7429 2016-09-18 18:39:18

Vi0L0
Website

The only related report is this: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=97548
Do you have monitor with freesync?

Stock Arch is no go since it doesn't have CONFIG_DRM_AMDGPU_CIK enabled. Did you add git kernel correctly to the bootloader (should have vmlinuz-linux-git and initramfs-linux-git.img)?

edit: ok, so my adventure with amdgpu-pro-dkms was short, after 1 hour system freezed completelly. Even hardware reset button didn't work, just like with standard amdgpu module build-in normal 4.7 kernel (like before I switched to amd-staging-4.7)

Last edited by Vi0L0 (2016-09-18 18:55:47)

#7430 2016-09-18 19:00:43

diesel1

My monitor doesn't use fresync. It is a Dell P2715Q 4K.
I believe the kernel is installed correctly. uname -a shows

Linux diesel1 4.7.0-7 #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Aug 28 14:57:05 CEST 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Now the Xorg log shows no screebs found.

Diesel1

#7431 2016-09-18 19:06:44

Vi0L0
Website

Are you sure you don't have some garbage xorg configs, like /etc/X11/xorg.conf with fglrx inside? If yes back it up somewhere else, it could be used later also for amdgpu - simply by renaming fglrx to amdgpu in Driver line.
For amdgpu 20-amdgpu.conf file mentioned before should be enought.

Last edited by Vi0L0 (2016-09-18 19:06:57)

#7432 2016-09-18 19:12:36

diesel1

Nothing but 00-keyboard.conf and 20-amdgpu.conf.

#7433 2016-09-18 20:12:23

Vi0L0
Website

And you don't have nomodeset or radeon.modeset=0 or ie. vga=* in kernel options? Was KMS loaded:

lsmod | grep -i kms

#7434 2016-09-18 20:20:24

diesel1

drm_kms_helper      118784 1 amdgpu
drm                             294912 4 ttm,drmkmshelper,amdgpu
syscopyarea              16384  1 drmkmshelper 
sysfillrect                   16384  1 drmkmshelper 
sysimgblt                   16384  1 drmkmshelper 
fb_sys_fops               16384  1 drmkmshelper 

#7435 2016-09-18 20:23:08

Vi0L0
Website

can you paste whole xorg log?

Last edited by Vi0L0 (2016-09-18 20:23:46)

#7436 2016-09-18 20:33:23

diesel1

I have been typing into my phone! I am cli on the pc and not sure how to paste between nano and links.

#7437 2016-09-18 21:42:32

baxter

Vi0L0 wrote:

I'm testing amdgpu-pro atm and observed massive glitches on KDE. turned out it doesn't like v=sync's "Re-use screen content" (systemsettings5 -> Display and Monitor -> Compositor), it's working fine with other v-sync variants. Maybe you were touched by this?

It crashes no matter witch vsync method I choose. OpenGL in general is still very buggy. Anything that touches OpenGL and X11 system like html5 video in firefox or mpv's opengl output is all garbled up. The only thing that works without a hitch is OpenCL 1.2. This new 'pro' driver still does not support OpenCL 2.0. Sigh. I'll probably revert to pure opensource driver stack, for now. It's super stable. Even HEVC(h265) video acceleration through VDPAU works flawlessly. If some day opensource driver got support for OpenCL 2.0+ and Vulkan I would be completely satisfied with radeon drivers on linux.

Vi0L0 wrote:

As for the second question - for sure there's no gui interface to manage card (or anything like aticonfig), i believe that we should be able to co access card via /sys/class/drm/card0/ (similar to https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ATI#Fan_Speed), but I can't see anything related to hwmon there. I could be missing fan conrtol since i removed it and mounted watercooling, but even I should see some oc there. Looks like some guys have success with it: https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/commen … n_control/

I did some resarch. It is posible to control fans and power states explicilty through several sys files:

/sys/class/drm/card0/device/pp_dpm_mclk -> current memory state (0 and 1) and frequency
/sys/class/drm/card0/device/pp_dpm_sclk -> current GPU state(0 - 7) and frequency
/sys/class/drm/card0/device/hwmon/hwmon0/temp1_input -> current GPU temperature
/sys/class/drm/card0/device/hwmon/hwmon0/pwm1 -> current fan speed (0 - 255)

Manually changing power states is posible Arch wiki, and I can turn off the fans if put any value for pwm1 bellow 30. However, there is no way to set up a custom fan profile. The only way to control the  fans dynamically is through some sort of script that will run as a daemon and change fan profile based on current gpu state and temperature every few seconds. Other solution is to force low power state and then turn off the fans. Oh well. Maybe AMD will port their WattMan software to linux... some day.

#7438 2016-09-19 08:36:27

Vi0L0
Website

diesel1 wrote:

I have been typing into my phone! I am cli on the pc and not sure how to paste between nano and links.

Sorry for late answer, I had to go to sleep early. It could be easier to use scp client on your phone like andFTP and then put log on a cloud.

baxter wrote:

It crashes no matter witch vsync method I choose. OpenGL in general is still very buggy. Anything that touches OpenGL and X11 system like html5 video in firefox or mpv's opengl output is all garbled up. The only thing that works without a hitch is OpenCL 1.2. This new 'pro' driver still does not support OpenCL 2.0. Sigh. I'll probably revert to pure opensource driver stack, for now. It's super stable. Even HEVC(h265) video acceleration through VDPAU works flawlessly. If some day opensource driver got support for OpenCL 2.0+ and Vulkan I would be completely satisfied with radeon drivers on linux.

On my side -pro works very similar to catalyst in a matter of opengl. Yet it freezes and it's very frustrating, oss amdgpu looks so much better.
Anyhow it must be "childood disease" of 480 support. I had to wait months for catalyst to "properly" support my 290x (even longer for radeonsi driver)...

baxter wrote:

I did some resarch. It is posible to control fans and power states explicilty through several sys files:

/sys/class/drm/card0/device/pp_dpm_mclk -> current memory state (0 and 1) and frequency
/sys/class/drm/card0/device/pp_dpm_sclk -> current GPU state(0 - 7) and frequency
/sys/class/drm/card0/device/hwmon/hwmon0/temp1_input -> current GPU temperature
/sys/class/drm/card0/device/hwmon/hwmon0/pwm1 -> current fan speed (0 - 255)

Manually changing power states is posible Arch wiki, and I can turn off the fans if put any value for pwm1 bellow 30. However, there is no way to set up a custom fan profile. The only way to control the  fans dynamically is through some sort of script that will run as a daemon and change fan profile based on current gpu state and temperature every few seconds. Other solution is to force low power state and then turn off the fans. Oh well. Maybe AMD will port their WattMan software to linux... some day.

Nice find, thanks! For sure it would be helfpul for many

#7439 2016-09-19 12:09:11

diesel1

Hi ViOLO,

I needed to do some 'real' stuff so I installed arch from scratch with ati driver. I will look at installing the staging kernel and mesa-git pkgs again.

This was the old Xorg log you asked about.

[ 64621.975]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
X.Org X Server 1.18.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
Release Date: 2016-07-19                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              
[ 64621.980] X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
[ 64621.982] Build Operating System: Linux 4.5.4-1-ARCH x86_64                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
[ 64621.983] Current Operating System: Linux diesel1 4.7.4-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Sep 15 15:24:29 CEST 2016 x86_64                                                                                                                                                                                 
[ 64621.984] Kernel command line: initrd=\initramfs-linux.img root=PARTUUID=5a440ecf-6562-4369-ae43-56ea5b3ad868 rw                                                                                                                                                                                   
[ 64621.987] Build Date: 19 July 2016  05:54:24PM                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
[ 64621.988]                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
[ 64621.989] Current version of pixman: 0.34.0                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
[ 64621.992]    Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
        to make sure that you have the latest version.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
[ 64621.992] Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
        (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
        (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
[ 64621.996] (==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Sun Sep 18 18:26:24 2016                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
[ 64621.998] (==) Using config directory: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
[ 64621.999] (==) Using system config directory "/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d"                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
[ 64621.999] (==) No Layout section.  Using the first Screen section.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
[ 64621.999] (==) No screen section available. Using defaults.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
[ 64621.999] (**) |-->Screen "Default Screen Section" (0)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
[ 64621.999] (**) |   |-->Monitor "<default monitor>"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
[ 64621.999] (==) No device specified for screen "Default Screen Section".                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
        Using the first device section listed.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
[ 64621.999] (**) |   |-->Device "AMD"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
[ 64621.999] (==) No monitor specified for screen "Default Screen Section".                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
        Using a default monitor configuration.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
[ 64621.999] (==) Automatically adding devices                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
[ 64621.999] (==) Automatically enabling devices                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
[ 64621.999] (==) Automatically adding GPU devices                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
[ 64621.999] (==) Max clients allowed: 256, resource mask: 0x1fffff                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
[ 64621.999] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/Type1/" does not exist.                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
[ 64621.999]    Entry deleted from font path.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
[ 64621.999] (WW) `fonts.dir' not found (or not valid) in "/usr/share/fonts/100dpi/".                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
[ 64621.999]    (Run 'mkfontdir' on "/usr/share/fonts/100dpi/").                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
[ 64621.999] (WW) `fonts.dir' not found (or not valid) in "/usr/share/fonts/75dpi/".                                                                                                                                                                                                                  
[ 64621.999]    (Run 'mkfontdir' on "/usr/share/fonts/75dpi/").                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
[ 64621.999] (==) FontPath set to:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
        /usr/share/fonts/misc/,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
        /usr/share/fonts/TTF/,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
        /usr/share/fonts/OTF/                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
[ 64621.999] (==) ModulePath set to "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
[ 64621.999] (II) The server relies on udev to provide the list of input devices.                                                                                                                                                                                                                     
        If no devices become available, reconfigure udev or disable AutoAddDevices.                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
[ 64621.999] (II) Loader magic: 0x821d40                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              
[ 64621.999] (II) Module ABI versions:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
[ 64621.999]    X.Org ANSI C Emulation: 0.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
[ 64621.999]    X.Org Video Driver: 20.0                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              
[ 64621.999]    X.Org XInput driver : 22.1                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
[ 64621.999]    X.Org Server Extension : 9.0
[ 64622.001] (++) using VT number 1

[ 64622.001] (--) controlling tty is VT number 1, auto-enabling KeepTty
[ 64622.004] (II) systemd-logind: took control of session /org/freedesktop/login1/session/c1
[ 64622.007] (--) PCI:*(0:1:0:0) 1002:67b1:1682:9295 rev 0, Mem @ 0xc0000000/268435456, 0xd0000000/8388608, 0xfea00000/262144, I/O @ 0x0000e000/256, BIOS @ 0x????????/131072
[ 64622.008] (WW) Open ACPI failed (/var/run/acpid.socket) (No such file or directory)
[ 64622.008] (II) LoadModule: "glx"
[ 64622.008] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so
[ 64622.012] (II) Module glx: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[ 64622.012]    compiled for 1.18.4, module version = 1.0.0
[ 64622.012]    ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 9.0
[ 64622.012] (==) AIGLX enabled
[ 64622.012] (II) LoadModule: "amdgpu"
[ 64622.012] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/amdgpu_drv.so
[ 64622.014] (II) Module amdgpu: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[ 64622.014]    compiled for 1.18.4, module version = 1.1.99
[ 64622.014]    Module class: X.Org Video Driver
[ 64622.014]    ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 20.0
[ 64622.014] (II) AMDGPU: Driver for AMD Radeon chipsets: BONAIRE, CARRIZO, FIJI,
        HAINAN, HAWAII, KABINI, KAVERI, MULLINS, OLAND, PITCAIRN, POLARIS10,
        POLARIS11, STONEY, TAHITI, TONGA, TOPAZ, VERDE
[ 64622.014] (II) [KMS] drm report modesetting isn't supported.
[ 64622.014] (EE) Screen 0 deleted because of no matching config section.
[ 64622.014] (II) UnloadModule: "amdgpu"
[ 64622.014] (EE) Device(s) detected, but none match those in the config file.
[ 64622.014] (EE) 
Fatal server error:
[ 64622.014] (EE) no screens found(EE) 
[ 64622.014] (EE) 
Please consult the The X.Org Foundation support 
         at http://wiki.x.org
 for help. 
[ 64622.015] (EE) Please also check the log file at "/var/log/Xorg.0.log" for additional information.
[ 64622.015] (EE) 
[ 64622.018] (EE) Server terminated with error (1). Closing log file.

Diesel1.

#7440 2016-09-19 17:36:26

Vi0L0
Website

For some reason your kms is not working:

[ 64622.014] (II) [KMS] drm report modesetting isn't supported.

be sure to install libdrm-git when using [mesa-git], also acpid is missing.
Don't give up and get back to amdgpu in free time, after all it's the future. Switching between working/not-working video drivers is not hard - booting in single mode is your friend wink

#7441 2016-09-27 10:19:18

manjctlyst

Hi Vi0L0 ,

How do you do ?
I have installed the  "catalyst-total" running Manjaro in my Lenovo idealpad laptop but failed to start X windows via startx or gdm.
Do you have any idea ? below are the logs :
Thanks !

inxi -SGx:

System:    Host: manjaro Kernel: 4.4.21-1-MANJARO x86_64 (64 bit gcc: 6.2.1) Console: tty 1 Distro: Manjaro Linux
Graphics:  Card: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] Madison [Mobility Radeon HD 5730 / 6570M] bus-ID: 01:00.0
           Display Server: X.org 1.17.4 driver: fglrx tty size: 128x48 Advanced Data: N/A for root out of X

Xorg.0.log:

X.Org X Server 1.17.4
Release Date: 2015-10-28
[   190.219] X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
[   190.219] Build Operating System: Linux 4.5.7-1-MANJARO x86_64 
[   190.219] Current Operating System: Linux manjaro 4.4.21-1-MANJARO #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Sep 15 19:16:23 UTC 2016 x86_64
[   190.219] Kernel command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-4.4-x86_64 root=UUID=db21e8d0-a908-4e61-aee8-ddcecb3a0503 rw quiet splash libahci.ignore_sss=1 plymouth.enable=0 ipv6.disable=1 radeon.modeset=0 resume=UUID=99100ed0-d0a5-4761-8836-1d6a404444bf
[   190.219] Build Date: 17 July 2016  10:10:01PM
[   190.219]  
[   190.219] Current version of pixman: 0.34.0
[   190.219]     Before reporting problems, check [url]http://wiki.x.org[/url]
    to make sure that you have the latest version.
[   190.219] Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
    (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
    (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
[   190.219] (==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Tue Sep 27 12:58:48 2016
[   190.252] (==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"
[   190.252] (==) Using config directory: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d"
[   190.252] (==) Using system config directory "/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d"
[   190.311] (==) ServerLayout "aticonfig Layout"
[   190.311] (**) |-->Screen "aticonfig-Screen[0]-0" (0)
[   190.311] (**) |   |-->Monitor "aticonfig-Monitor[0]-0"
[   190.327] (**) |   |-->Device "aticonfig-Device[0]-0"
[   190.327] (==) Automatically adding devices
[   190.327] (==) Automatically enabling devices
[   190.327] (==) Automatically adding GPU devices
[   190.824] (WW) `fonts.dir' not found (or not valid) in "/usr/share/fonts/100dpi/".
[   190.824]     Entry deleted from font path.
[   190.824]     (Run 'mkfontdir' on "/usr/share/fonts/100dpi/").
[   190.825] (WW) `fonts.dir' not found (or not valid) in "/usr/share/fonts/75dpi/".
[   190.825]     Entry deleted from font path.
[   190.825]     (Run 'mkfontdir' on "/usr/share/fonts/75dpi/").
[   190.825] (==) FontPath set to:
    /usr/share/fonts/misc/,
    /usr/share/fonts/TTF/,
    /usr/share/fonts/OTF/,
    /usr/share/fonts/Type1/
[   190.825] (==) ModulePath set to "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
[   190.825] (**) Extension "Composite" is enabled
[   190.825] (**) Extension "RENDER" is enabled
[   190.825] (II) The server relies on udev to provide the list of input devices.
    If no devices become available, reconfigure udev or disable AutoAddDevices.
[   190.842] (II) Loader magic: 0x81ed20
[   190.842] (II) Module ABI versions:
[   190.842]     X.Org ANSI C Emulation: 0.4
[   190.842]     X.Org Video Driver: 19.0
[   190.842]     X.Org XInput driver : 21.1
[   190.842]     X.Org Server Extension : 9.0
[   190.844] (EE) systemd-logind: failed to get session: PID 1042 does not belong to any known session
[   190.847] (--) PCI:*(0:1:0:0) 1002:68c0:17aa:3927 rev 0, Mem @ 0xd0000000/268435456, 0xe8400000/131072, I/O @ 0x00002000/256, BIOS @ 0x????????/131072
[   190.847] (II) Open ACPI successful (/var/run/acpid.socket)
[   190.900] (II) "glx" will be loaded by default.
[   190.900] (II) LoadModule: "glx"
[   191.100] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so
[   191.136] (II) Module glx: vendor="Advanced Micro Devices, Inc."
[   191.136]     compiled for 6.9.0, module version = 1.0.0
[   191.136] (II) LoadModule: "fglrx"
[   191.136] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/fglrx_drv.so
[   191.726] (II) Module fglrx: vendor="FireGL - AMD Technologies Inc."
[   191.726]     compiled for 1.4.99.906, module version = 15.20.3
[   191.726]     Module class: X.Org Video Driver
[   191.729] (II) Loading sub module "fglrxdrm"
[   191.729] (II) LoadModule: "fglrxdrm"
[   191.729] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/linux/libfglrxdrm.so
[   191.783] (II) Module fglrxdrm: vendor="FireGL - AMD Technologies Inc."
[   191.783]     compiled for 1.4.99.906, module version = 15.20.3
[   191.783] (II) AMD Proprietary Linux Driver Version Identifier:15.20.3
[   191.783] (II) AMD Proprietary Linux Driver Release Identifier: UNSUPPORTED-15.201.1151              
[   191.783] (II) AMD Proprietary Linux Driver Build Date: Sep  8 2015 15:06:35
[   191.783] (++) using VT number 7

[   191.897] (WW) Falling back to old probe method for fglrx
[   191.968] (II) Loading PCS database from /etc/ati/amdpcsdb /etc/ati/amdpcsdb.default
[   191.975] ukiDynamicMajor: found major device number 248
[   191.975] ukiDynamicMajor: found major device number 248
[   191.975] ukiOpenByBusid: Searching for BusID PCI:1:0:0
[   191.975] ukiOpenDevice: node name is /dev/ati/card0
[   191.975] ukiOpenDevice: open result is 11, (OK)
[   193.465] ukiOpenByBusid: ukiOpenMinor returns 11
[   193.465] ukiOpenByBusid: ukiGetBusid reports PCI:1:0:0
[   193.490] (--) Chipset Supported AMD Graphics Processor (0x68C0) found
[   198.284] (WW) fglrx: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:0@1:0:1) found
[   198.305] (II) fglrx(0): pEnt->device->identifier=0x26a2430
[   198.305] (II) fglrx(0): === [xdl_xs117_atiddxPreInit] === begin
[   198.305] (II) fglrx(0): FB driver is enabled
[   198.305] (II) Loading sub module "vgahw"
[   198.305] (II) LoadModule: "vgahw"
[   198.306] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libvgahw.so
[   198.322] (II) Module vgahw: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[   198.322]     compiled for 1.17.4, module version = 0.1.0
[   198.322]     ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 19.0
[   198.323] (**) fglrx(0): Depth 24, (--) framebuffer bpp 32
[   198.323] (II) fglrx(0): Pixel depth = 24 bits stored in 4 bytes (32 bpp pixmaps)
[   198.323] (==) fglrx(0): Default visual is TrueColor
[   198.323] (**) fglrx(0): Option "DPMS" "true"
[   198.323] (==) fglrx(0): RGB weight 888
[   198.323] (II) fglrx(0): Using 8 bits per RGB 
[   198.323] (==) fglrx(0): Buffer Tiling is ON
[   198.323] (II) Loading sub module "fglrxdrm"
[   198.323] (II) LoadModule: "fglrxdrm"
[   198.323] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/linux/libfglrxdrm.so
[   198.323] (II) Module fglrxdrm: vendor="FireGL - AMD Technologies Inc."
[   198.323]     compiled for 1.4.99.906, module version = 15.20.3
[   198.325] ukiDynamicMajor: found major device number 248
[   198.326] ukiDynamicMajor: found major device number 248
[   198.326] ukiOpenByBusid: Searching for BusID PCI:1:0:0
[   198.326] ukiOpenDevice: node name is /dev/ati/card0
[   198.326] ukiOpenDevice: open result is 13, (OK)
[   198.326] ukiOpenByBusid: ukiOpenMinor returns 13
[   198.326] ukiOpenByBusid: ukiGetBusid reports PCI:1:0:0
[   198.545] (**) fglrx(0): NoAccel = NO
[   198.545] (**) fglrx(0): AMD 2D Acceleration Architecture enabled
[   198.545] (--) fglrx(0): Chipset: "AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000" (Chipset = 0x68c0)
[   198.545] (--) fglrx(0): (PciSubVendor = 0x17aa, PciSubDevice = 0x3927)
[   198.545] (==) fglrx(0): board vendor info: third party graphics adapter - NOT original AMD
[   198.545] (--) fglrx(0): Linear framebuffer (phys) at 0xd0000000
[   198.545] (--) fglrx(0): MMIO registers at 0xe8400000
[   198.545] (--) fglrx(0): I/O port at 0x00002000
[   198.545] (==) fglrx(0): ROM-BIOS at 0x000c0000
[   198.550] (II) fglrx(0): AC Adapter is used
[   199.023] (EE) fglrx(0): Cannot read int vect

xorg.conf:

Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier     "aticonfig Layout"
    Screen      0  "aticonfig-Screen[0]-0" 0 0
EndSection

Section "Module"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier   "aticonfig-Monitor[0]-0"
    Option        "VendorName" "ATI Proprietary Driver"
    Option        "ModelName" "Generic Autodetecting Monitor"
    Option        "DPMS" "true"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "aticonfig-Device[0]-0"
    Driver      "fglrx"
    BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"
EndSection

Section "DRI"
        Group  "video"
        Mode   0666
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier "aticonfig-Screen[0]-0"
    Device     "aticonfig-Device[0]-0"
    Monitor    "aticonfig-Monitor[0]-0"
    DefaultDepth     24
    SubSection "Display"
        Viewport   0 0
        Depth     24
    EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Extensions"
    Option "Composite" "Enable"
    Option "RENDER"    "Enable"
EndSection

Section "InputClass"
    Identifier          "Keyboard Defaults"
    MatchIsKeyboard        "yes"
    Option              "XkbOptions" "terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp"
EndSection

lsmod| grep f:
videobuf2_vmalloc      16384  1 uvcvideo
videobuf2_memops       16384  1 videobuf2_vmalloc
videobuf2_v4l2         24576  1 uvcvideo
videobuf2_core         32768  2 uvcvideo,videobuf2_v4l2
v4l2_common            16384  1 videobuf2_v4l2
videodev              147456  4 uvcvideo,v4l2_common,videobuf2_core,videobuf2_v4l2
kfifo_buf              16384  1 acpi_als
industrialio           45056  2 acpi_als,kfifo_buf
iwlwifi               163840  1 iwldvm
fjes                   28672  0
cfg80211              483328  3 iwlwifi,mac80211,iwldvm
rfkill                 20480  6 cfg80211,ideapad_laptop,bluetooth
acpi_cpufreq           20480  1
sch_fq_codel           20480  10
processor              32768  1 acpi_cpufreq
fglrx               13303808  0
button                 16384  1 fglrx
amd_iommu_v2           20480  1 fglrx

kernel command line:

Sep 27 17:13:18 manjaro kernel: Kernel command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-4.4-x86_64 root=UUID=db21e8d0-a908-4e61-aee8-ddcecb3a0503 rw quiet splash libahci.ignore_sss=1 plymouth.enable=0 ipv6.disable=1 radeon.modeset=0 resume=UUID=99100ed0-d0a5-4761-8836-1d6a404444bf

dmesg capture:

grep -i amd
[    0.000000] RAMDISK: [mem 0x372af000-0x3794efff]
[    0.564844] amd_nb: Cannot enumerate AMD northbridges
[    8.238839] AMD IOMMUv2 driver by Joerg Roedel <jroedel@suse.de>
[    8.238845] AMD IOMMUv2 functionality not available on this system

grep fb
[    0.000000] BIOS-e820: [mem 0x00000000f7fff000-0x00000000fbffffff] reserved
[    0.000000] PM: Registered nosave memory: [mem 0xf7fff000-0xfbffffff]
[    0.366622] PCI: MMCONFIG for 0000 [bus00-3f] at [mem 0xf8000000-0xfbffffff] (base 0xf8000000) (size reduced!)
[    0.573442] system 00:05: [mem 0xf8000000-0xfbffffff] has been reserved
[    0.732962] vesafb: mode is 1024x768x32, linelength=4096, pages=0
[    0.732964] vesafb: scrolling: redraw
[    0.732966] vesafb: Truecolor: size=0:8:8:8, shift=0:16:8:0
[    0.732983] vesafb: framebuffer at 0xd0000000, mapped to 0xffffc90001000000, using 3072k, total 3072k
[    0.973510] fb0: VESA VGA frame buffer device

grep fglrx
[    9.218315] <6>[fglrx] Maximum main memory to use for locked dma buffers: 7689 MBytes.
[    9.219344] <6>[fglrx]   vendor: 1002 device: 68c0 revision: 0 count: 1
[    9.220817] <6>[fglrx] ioport: bar 4, base 0x2000, size: 0x100
[    9.221495] <6>[fglrx] Kernel PAT support is enabled
[    9.221525] <6>[fglrx] module loaded - fglrx 15.20.3 [Sep  8 2015] with 1 minors

Last edited by manjctlyst (2016-09-27 12:38:49)

#7442 2016-09-28 02:22:35

atommixz

no reason for this error. I just do nothing. What happens?

sudo LANG=C pacman -Syu
error: GPGME error: No data
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 xorg117                                                   6.6 KiB  0.00B/s 00:00 [###############################################] 100%
 xorg117.sig                                               6.6 KiB  0.00B/s 00:00 [###############################################] 100%
error: failed to update xorg117 (invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature))
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 community is up to date
 multilib is up to date
 archlinuxfr is up to date
error: database 'xorg117' is not valid (invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature))

#7443 2016-09-28 10:42:14

joelisntmyname

I'm getting the same error as atommixz for the xorg117 and catalsyt repos.

error: failed to update catalyst (invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature))

and I'm using the http://mirror.hactar.bz/Vi0L0/catalyst mirror, which seem to be down, looks like they didn't renew their DNS or something(?) also wirephire still seems to be out of date, are there any other mirrors that are up to date and working? I seem to remember there being like 3 or 4 at one point but that was in my old pacman.conf and I could be misremembering anyway.

Last edited by joelisntmyname (2016-09-28 10:43:52)

#7444 2016-09-28 11:50:33

Vi0L0
Website

don't know whats going on with hactar mirror, but can see that Goll @catalyst arch wiki did change domain from bz do xyz. It's probably true, but since i'm kinda security freak tongue let me check data after getting back from work, which will be in 5 hours. I will confirm by editing this post.
Edit: ok, so I can confirm that hactar switched to xyz domain and is serving my original repos and files, so ie:

[catalyst]
Server = http://mirror.hactar.xyz/Vi0L0/catalyst/$arch
[xorg117]
Server = http://mirror.hactar.xyz/Vi0L0/xorg117/$arch
joelisntmyname wrote:

I seem to remember there being like 3 or 4 at one point but that was in my old pacman.conf and I could be misremembering anyway.

your memory works fine wink

@manjctlyst:
did manjaro dropped support for catalyst? or you get same results with it?

Last edited by Vi0L0 (2016-09-28 16:11:44)

#7445 2016-09-28 21:27:59

mirh

Vi0L0 wrote:

@manjctlyst:
did manjaro dropped support for catalyst? or you get same results with it?

Yes they do.

#7446 2016-10-03 08:37:25

marcoms

Is it possible to install catalyst on hd6k? @Vi0L0 you said earlier you would create a hd56k repo but I cant find anything like that.

#7447 2016-10-03 20:17:23

Vi0L0
Website

marcoms wrote:

Is it possible to install catalyst on hd6k?

yes, simply use stable packages, like catalyst-total@AUR or [catalyst-stable] repo. You can also check "control trick" by taking catalyst 15.12 [from catalyst-test@AUR or catalyst repo] with companion of /etc/ati/control file from catalyst 15.9 (simply overwrtie it). + some pregcn users had successes on clean catalyst 15.12, so it's worth checking out.

marcoms wrote:

@Vi0L0 you said earlier you would create a hd56k repo but I cant find anything like that.

I don't see much sense in it since I'm simply maintaining stable packages. But it's possible that within weekend I will split 15.12 and add to it separate control files from both 15.12 or 15.9 so you could choose (or maybe it would be better to add simple switching script? will think about it).

#7448 2016-10-03 21:01:34

optiligence

I’m confused now.
When aur/catalyst-test pkgrel came up, I wanted to try again and make sure it doesn’t work without downgrading /etc/ati/control.
So I restarted my laptop and it froze when loading my dm.
But after another restart it works fine now, with `aticonfig --list-adapters` showing my gpu (7600G – pregcn).

#7449 2016-10-08 19:06:17

diesel1

Does the amdgpu/pro setup allow for audio over HDMI as the Catalyst driver did?

Diesel1.

#7450 2016-10-09 14:58:15

Vi0L0
Website

audio over hdmi works fine here on amdgpu (4.8 kernel) @ 290x

Board footer