You are not logged in.

#1 2016-09-30 17:47:29

Smoerrebroed

Geforce GTX 460 + nouveau = no signal

Hi All,

following the recent issue with my GTX 460 and the current nvidia driver, I thought that I would try moving to nouveau in order to be able to at least keep up with the new kernel versions being released (the last working nvidia driver only does so in combination with kernel 4.7.1). However, replacing the nvidia proprietary driver with nouveau yields a system with no display (both attached screens show no signal). Judging by this bug report, also the more recent nouveau drivers seem to have an issue, so now I am stuck with the nvidia-340xx series of drivers. Admitted, they work just as well, but this somehow seems like I should prepare for a new gfx card soon - not because it's broken but because there are hardly any working drivers available in Arch. Have you had similar experiences?

Cheers,

Smoerrebroed

#2 2016-10-03 16:01:20

IVaN4B

Re: Geforce GTX 460 + nouveau = no signal

Hi,
Same here, I tried to update to 4.7 kernel along with proprietary driver, it has yielded with the same result - no signal. Then I tried to switch to nouveau only to find out that it is not working either. Does anyone knows if it was fixed in 4.8 kernel?

#3 2016-10-08 16:55:35

Eichensaeher

Re: Geforce GTX 460 + nouveau = no signal

Hi,
same behaviour here. I've tried all VGA, DVI and HDMI connectors and different monitors without success. It seemed my PC didn't even finish booting. I tried to login "blind" but that didn't work. Even Num-Lock wasn't responding. So I installed the LTS kernel, which is still working fine.

Board footer