You are not logged in.

#1 2015-12-21 00:10:40

smika

RFXtrx433E USB

Hi,

Today I installed domoticz and the software is running fine. When I go to the hardware setting it finds my RFXtrx433E USB (RFXCOM) device, but it doesn't work. When I look at the device it shows a red light all the time, wat means that the device is in "bootload mode". On other OS it just works fine. Is there someone here who known about this issue and how to solve it?

Thanks in advanced,

Smika

#2 2015-12-21 04:17:58

Elizine
Website

Re: RFXtrx433E USB

Have you configured Domoticz to use the RFXtrx433E in the following way -

Click "Setup" on the Domoticz menu, followed by "Hardware".
We need to add the RFXtrx433E device next. Make sure "Enabled" is ticked, then type a descriptive name in the "Name" field.
From the dropdown "Type" list, select "RFXCOM - RFXtrx433 USB 433.92MHz Transceiver".
From the dropdown "Serial Port" list, select the USB port that you noted down earlier - "/dev/ttyUSB0" in our case.
Finally click the "Add" button.
Your RFXtrx433E device should now be shown in the list - click on the "Set Mode" button next to it.
On this page we need to select the different "protocols" that we want the RFXtrx433E to enable transmission and reception of.
We recommend that you only enable the protocols that you actually need, here we are enabling protocols to match the devices we have in our system.
Click the "Set Mode" button when you are done.
If you quickly switch over to the "Log" page in Domoticz (click "Setup"->"Log"), you will see messages showing the if the configuration of the RFXtrx433E is successful or not.

#3 2015-12-22 15:15:51

smika

I followed the above instruction, but it doesn;t work yet. I doesn't receive a version from my device. When I test my rfxcom with Ubuntu or Windows, It does works fine. Also I still see the red light on, on the device, which means  "bootload mode". Is there something I need to do with the latest kernel?

RFXCOM - RFXtrx433 USB 433.92MHz Transceiver
Version: 0

#4 2016-10-11 20:45:25

fbz

Hello !
I re-up this topic because I have exactly the same problem : Works with windows, red light always on, yet well recognized but can't communicate with my devices (in my case somfy RTS). And I did the same as mentioned.
Did you managed to resolve it smika ?
Is it a problem of kernel module ?
If anyone can help.
Thanks.

Board footer