You are not logged in.

#1 2006-05-23 02:53:04

Xaero_Vincent

Confused on how to install libpam-foreground

Ok so I downloaded libpam-foreground from a Debian site and built it.

It created an exectuable called "check-foreground-console", a shared object file called "pam_foreground.so" and some file called "pam_foreground.o". I need to know where to place those files. Does anyone know?

I'm doing this because I'm trying to get gnome-power-manager to hibernate and suspend my computer. However I have been getting this error message:

*** WARNING ***
[gpm_hal_handle_error] gpm-hal.c:191 (19:24:06):         Hibernate failed
(A security policy in place prevents this sender from sending this message to th is recipient, see message bus configuration file (rejected message had interface  "org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.SystemPowerManagement" member "Hibernate" error nam e "(unset)" destination "org.freedesktop.Hal"))

The proposed solution is to install the libpam-foreground package. I just cant figure out how to install it. sad

Thanks in advance for any help...

Regards,
Vincent

#2 2006-05-23 19:50:53

Xaero_Vincent

Re: Confused on how to install libpam-foreground

People I need help getting libpam-foreground installed.

I've been trying for two weeks now and its getting annoying. I'd like my computer to suspend to disk or ram after idling for a few hours. Currently my CPU fan will just spin faster and waste more energy while I'm away.

Please reply.

Thanks,
Vincent

#3 2006-05-23 20:18:28

lucke

As for installation: all pam modules reside in /lib/security, that's where you should cp that .so file. Then you ought to add something somewhere inside /etc/pam.d/, probably "session optional pam_foreground.so" line to /etc/pam.d/login.

#4 2006-05-24 04:36:41

Xaero_Vincent

lucke wrote:

As for installation: all pam modules reside in /lib/security, that's where you should cp that .so file. Then you ought to add something somewhere inside /etc/pam.d/, probably "session optional pam_foreground.so" line to /etc/pam.d/login.

Thanks I tried this and some other stuff but still no go.

However I did get hibernation to work by switching to the "beyond" kernel and installing a hibernation script. I'm gonna probably make some changes in the hibernation config file and alias the command.

Thanks,
Vincent

Board footer