You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-13 20:18:22

wooque

Thunar trying to mount already mounted partitions

Partitions are automatically mounted in /etc/fstab, Thunar is showing them in sidebar, but instead opening them, he tries to mount them and shows message:

mount: /dev/sda4 is already mounted or /mnt/RADNI busy
       /dev/sda4 is already mounted on /mnt/RADNI

Anyone experienced same issue?
EDIT:
Icons are also like partitions are unmounted

Last edited by wooque (2016-10-13 20:47:14)

#2 2016-10-13 20:50:43

wooque

Re: Thunar trying to mount already mounted partitions

To note, it worked before, investigation shown that it broke on gvfs update 1.30.0 > 1.30.1, solved temporary by downgrading to gvfs-1.30.0.

#3 2016-10-14 09:29:48

hf.z

I have the same issue. local disks written in fstab are treated as removable disk in thunar, and shown on desktop
while I used thunar & udisks2 & udevil to mount the removable disks. so i just removed the udisks2,udevil ,file-roller,and these "removable devices " sitll on the slidbar.
I have no gvfs installed.

edit:
My issue may not the same with yours.
I tried to removed all of the  udisks2   udevil file-roller packages ,and find nothing happend,the icons were still there;then reinstall them and enable the service ,they still there,
and no errors when open the folder/partion;

It seems affected nothing ,all works well , the only annoy thing is ,all my mounted driver are shown on the sidebar and on the desktop ,including the EFI partion.
I can hide them by the hiden menu but it is shown by default for all users.

Last edited by hf.z (2016-10-14 15:16:06)

#4 2016-10-14 11:35:15

cirrus9

I have the same issue with Nemo, under Cinnamon desktop. Icon for removable drives show up on desktop, and work normally. My internal shared data drive doesn't show an icon on desktop. The internal drive shows mounted when checked with Gparted or Disks, but Nemo won't open it. I can access it by going into
the /mnt folder and opening it directly. I may try downgrading GVFS and see if that helps.

#5 2016-10-14 17:10:21

wooque

Apparently  issue I'm experiencing is affectining only partitions listed by label (LABEL=) in /etc/fstab, switching to /dev/sdaX solved the issue with gvfs-1.30.1.

#6 2016-10-15 15:56:35

YanDoroshenko

wooque wrote:

switching to /dev/sdaX solved the issue

You, kind sir, has been amazing. Let your life be troubleless and full of joy.

#7 2016-10-15 17:38:09

cirrus9

I changed the mount point of my internal shared data drive, and no more problems. Icon shows on desktop, and Nemo opens it properly now. I would still
like to know what happened, but the main thing is it's fixed for now.

#8 2016-10-15 18:14:43

wooque

cirrus9 wrote:

I changed the mount point of my internal shared data drive, and no more problems. Icon shows on desktop, and Nemo opens it properly now. I would still

Bug introduced in gvfs-1.30.1, bugreport in gnome bugtracker: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=772942, you can see the commit that introduced regression

#9 2016-10-15 22:34:30

cirrus9

wooque wrote:
cirrus9 wrote:

Bug introduced in gvfs-1.30.1, bugreport in gnome bugtracker: https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=772942, you can see the commit that introduced regression

I still don't understand why changing the mount point fixed this. The label I'm using in my fstab is still the same, only a different mount point.
I just can't quite understand it??? I change the mount point just to see what would happen. I figured that couldn't hurt anything, if it didn't work,
or did cause other problems, I could always change it back, or to something else.

#10 2016-10-16 06:57:17

wooque

cirrus9 wrote:
wooque wrote:
cirrus9 wrote:

I still don't understand why changing the mount point fixed this. The label I'm using in my fstab is still the same, only a different mount point.
I just can't quite understand it??? I change the mount point just to see what would happen. I figured that couldn't hurt anything, if it didn't work,
or did cause other problems, I could always change it back, or to something else.

Sorry, didn't carefully read your post, it seems that you have some different issue then.

#11 2016-10-17 01:38:50

cirrus9

It was definitely gvfs-1.30.1 that caused the problem. I just got the update for gvfs-1.30.1 in Debian Sid, and it did the exact same thing.
I changed the mount point in Debian, and all works perfectly again.

Just as a diagnostic test, I did a reboot, change the mount point back to /mnt, and the problem returned. I changed it to /run/media again,                                                       and it worked perfectly. I don't have any of my fstab entries set as label=, I use UUID only.

I still don't know why gvfs won't work with that drive on /mnt. I would like to know. Anytime something goes
wrong, I like to learn something from it. I haven't found anything anywhere else on the internet to explain this either. I'll see if this
comes up in the Debian forums over the next few days too.

Just wanted to give an update on what I've found out so far.

Last edited by cirrus9 (2016-10-17 01:39:41)

Board footer