You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-16 21:01:14

pimplemaze

gksu dbus error

good evening
I'm completely new to arch linux. Used a lot of buntu's for simple file servers but buntu is starting to give me headaches. I like mint, but i hate their bloatware. I loved windows, but i tried, and refuse windows 10!, widows 7 is slowly dying and xp is already dead. so i put my hopes on arch.
I did about 5 installs now. tried several de's but i always ended up with similar issues.
I'm now using a mate gtk3 desktop.
When i try to use gksu i get the following message. before it starts.. :

GConf Error: Client failed to connect to the D-BUS daemon:
Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

sudo caja spits out the following:
(caja:4454): Unique-GDBus-WARNING **: Unable to open a connection to the session bus: Error spawning command line 'dbus-launch --autolaunch=fd8ef907e8b04eee8c4635dd1f429141 --binary-syntax --close-stderr': Child process exited with code 1

(caja:4454): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: g_dbus_connection_call_sync_internal: assertion 'G_IS_DBUS_CONNECTION (connection)' failed
Segmentation fault

trying to run caja as root, using su:
(caja:4489): EggSMClient-WARNING **: Failed to connect to the session manager: None of the authentication protocols specified are supported

(caja:4489): Unique-GDBus-WARNING **: Unable to open a connection to the session bus: The connection is closed

(caja:4489): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: g_dbus_connection_call_sync_internal: assertion 'G_IS_DBUS_CONNECTION (connection)' failed
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I can't change my system-wide screen resolution, i can't use caja-gksu,
there is obviously something wrong with the message bus security policy, but i have no clue how to fix it.

#2 2016-10-17 01:47:42

cirrus9

Re: gksu dbus error

try   sudo dbus-launch caja     or   gksu dbus-launch caja        and see what happens.

Board footer