You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-11 02:08:11

jesc516

wireless keyboard/mouse lag when using spotify

Does anyone if this is a known issue? If so is there a way to prevent the lag? When ever I have spotify open my wireless keyboard and mouse tend to lag. When I close spotify, the keyboard and mouse go back to normal.

Keyboard: Logitech K350
Mouse: Logitech M510
Kernel: Linux 4.7.6-1-ARCH

#2 2016-10-11 02:54:27

ewaller
Administrator

Re: wireless keyboard/mouse lag when using spotify

Is the whole system sluggish?  Do you have other devices (other keyboards, mice) that work normally?  Or could it be any keyboard and mouse being sluggish?

If it is only these devices, are they Bluetooth?  Is your network connection wireless?  Are wifi and BT the same card?
What does your processor load look like when Spotify is running?

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2016-10-11 06:48:35

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

I'd suspect interference, either because wifi/BT are on the same chip or because of wireless interference. Does the same happen with large downloads, torrents, etc?

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#4 2016-10-19 02:10:09

jesc516

kinda hard to tell if the whole system was sluggish as I am unable to use the keyboard or mouse when the lag gets bad.The keyboard/mouse combo used the logitech usb receiver. The wireless card is on pcie. The issue would not happen with large downloads ie. video,torrents etc..., only spotify. anyway i didnt want to leave the thread hanging but i picked up a daskeyboard and the issue is non existent. i am still using the logitech usb receiver for the mouse and no issue. its definitely something with the keyboard. the logitech receiver is plugged into the keyboard. no issues. thanks

6wYwqMOl.png

Board footer