You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-19 08:16:40

physkets

[Solved] pacaur: bijiben is not present in AUR -- skipping

I just sarted using AUR, and I installed pacaur for that purpose.

Everytime I sync & update using  pacaur -Syu , in the AUR part of the check, I get the following output

:: Starting AUR upgrade...
:: bijiben is not present in AUR -- skipping
 there is nothing to do

Why is it searching for bijiben? Is it maybe because I installed gnome throught the gnome-base and gnome-extra package groups? If so, how do I get it to stop lookig for it?

Thanks!

Last edited by physkets (2016-10-19 10:21:44)

#2 2016-10-19 08:41:16

mkoskar
Website

Re: [Solved] pacaur: bijiben is not present in AUR -- skipping

So you obviously have that package installed, and it is not to be found in any binary repositories (the ones you've enabled in pacman.conf) and hence we might call it "foreign". pacaur then search it in AUR, and because it's not found even there you get that message.

Question is where you got that package from, and there are multiple pathways. Two that comes to mind are 1) it was an official package that got dropped, 2) you've installed it from AUR before and it's no longer there (was removed). You've mentioned that you just started with AUR now so I think 1) is more likely.

If you don't really use it (I understand it's some note taking application) just remove it.

#3 2016-10-19 10:20:18

physkets

Re: [Solved] pacaur: bijiben is not present in AUR -- skipping

Oh! I hadn't realised that I had it installed. Looks like it came with gnome-extras. Thanks!

Board footer