You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-21 14:33:48

pepijntje02

[SOLVED] CPU error

Hello,

After I shutdown my system the night before I am not able anymore to get in my linux partition. I am still able to get in my windows partition.

After the login nothing happend so I went to the terminal using crtl-alt-f2 . There I have to wait very long before I am able to login. Then I get errors about the CPU, A part of the error is:

NMI watchdog: BUG: soft lockup -CPU#3 stuck for 23s! [pidor:678]
Modules linked in: fuse mousedev ..........

After that I got a lot of other lines, but since I have to type them over I only added the lines which I think they were important.

The CPU who is stuck differ some times, most of the time is was CPU3, but I have also seen CPU 1 and 2.

I hope that somebody can help me. My first thought was that my CPU was broken, but since it is possible to start windows and it does not shutdown after a while (about 30 minutes) I think there is a problem in my linux.

I am looking forward for a replay.

Last edited by pepijntje02 (2016-10-22 11:18:57)

#2 2016-10-21 23:49:10

R00KIE
Forum Fellow

Re: [SOLVED] CPU error

As a start you'll have to post your full dmesg and any other information that might help debug this. Posting two lines from dmesg where one of them is not even related is not enough.

R00KIE
Tm90aGluZyB0byBzZWUgaGVyZSwgbW92ZSBhbG9uZy4K

#3 2016-10-22 11:18:30

pepijntje02

Re: [SOLVED] CPU error

Hello,

sorry but I did not enough searching on this forum, but this problem was by multiple users and it is solved at the moment.

see:
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=218481

The answer that solved my problem was:
Johan: I had the same problem.  I downgraded the kernel like Pitou, and now my system is fine.  I used an Antergos live disc (it's a live Arch distro with a GUI), chrooted into my root filesystem, and then downgraded to kernel 4.7.  This guide ought to help: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/do … the_kernel
In a nutshell: 1) boot into live Arch system, whether it's the Arch live disc or an Antergos disc like I did.  2) mount your root file system.  For example: mount /dev/sda1 /mnt  3) chroot into your file system.  It'd go like this: arch-chroot /mnt /bin/bash 4) downgrade your kernel, kernel headers, and any modules.  It'd look like this: cd /var/cache/pacman/pkg THEN pacman -U linux-4.7.6-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz linux-headers-4.7.6-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz 5) reboot!

Board footer