You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-22 17:59:37

burebista

HP: printer queue stopped (700)

Since a couple of months, when I start hp-toolbox I get the message:

Printer queue stopped (700)

And I cannot print anymore on my HP printer. I could not see any error in the system log. This error literally made me switch to Ubuntu, where my HP printer and hp-toolbox work without problems and I can print. I would love to switch back to Arch, but I will not switch unless I get this problem fixed.

#2 2016-10-23 06:38:55

alex.theoto

Re: HP: printer queue stopped (700)

You don't provide any info.
Did you install hp drivers?
Which printer do you have?
Can you manage your printer from your browser?

#3 2016-10-23 20:19:08

burebista

Re: HP: printer queue stopped (700)

Yes, I have installed printer drivers. My printer is HP Deskjet 3055A and it worked fine until a few months ago. I remember that before this problem I had another problem with the HP GUI interface: when some Python was switched from version 2 to version 3, then some HP utils (some GUIs) stopped working and, after googling, I found some config file where I could change a value and the HP GUI worked again. Then something else happened (probably another update broke something else), so that now I can start the HP GUI, I see the printer, the HP tool communicates with the printer (as it reports a low toner warning), but it cannot start the printing queue and therefore I cannot print.

UPDATE:
Using the web interface (http://localhost:631/printers/Deskjet_3050A_J611) I could start the printer and print. But using the hp-toolbox GUI, I cannot start and stop the printer. I think that it is possible that something about the Python 2 to Python 3 upgrade still breaks this tool. Any suggestions?

Last edited by burebista (2016-10-23 20:26:01)

Board footer