You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-24 22:31:35

custo

Libreoffice table properties

I create a new table.
Right click -> table properties -> border: none.
The border disappears.
Right click -> table properties.
The menu is now totally bugged. The border is set to the default border even though there is no visible border. It is not possible to actually restore the border. Changing any other attributes like margin or size of cells does not work either.

Has anyone experienced something similar? I had this problem with libreoffice-still. I then replaced it by libreoffice-fresh which did not solve the problem.

#2 2016-10-25 13:53:08

mpan
Website

Re: Libreoffice table properties

For me LibreOffice is totally broken since few versions, but of all the issues… this one doesn’t happen here. Using 5.1.5-3.

Sometimes I seem a bit harsh — don’t get offended too easily!

#3 2016-10-25 14:11:09

custo

This is ridiculous. I just installed OpenOffice and I got the same issue there!?

I create a table, I select it. Then OpenOffice has this handy popup menu in which I can select different border types. Changing border type works without a problem – until I change it to "none", after which there is no way to change it back.

Has anyone here ever experienced this? Is there any good alternative to edit ODT files as a workaround?

#4 2016-10-25 14:54:11

custo

Here is a GIF: https://giphy.com/gifs/l2JhOQxTqTRWqjBN6

I'm not stupid, right? It's weird, right?

#5 2016-10-25 14:59:46

ewaller
Administrator

Gnome, right?

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#6 2016-10-25 15:08:50

custo

Openbox.

Do you have an idea what's causing this?

#7 2016-10-25 15:11:11

ewaller
Administrator

No, but I was going on the assumption it was Wayland.  Probably not the case as you are using OpenBox..
Gnomes changing to Wayland as the default has caused scores of issues.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#8 2016-10-26 08:40:01

mpan
Website

custo:
Next time RecordMyDesktop or directly dump with ffmpeg.

I’ve misunderstood your previous description — you were talking about context menu, not the tables toolbar. When I use the toolbar, I have the same issue, when using the toolbar.

Using Xfce and Xorg.

--- edit

Ok, seems like this isn’t a bug. By setting the border style to “None”, you remove the border — right? Since the border no longer exists, you can’t set any other style, because there is nothing to be styled. You have to first set the border and only then you can set it’s style. And this behaviour actually makes sense if you realize that a style may be set to multiple cells of which some have and some doesn’t have border. You certainly don’t want to enable all borders by setting a style to some of them.

Last edited by mpan (2016-10-30 16:21:52)

Sometimes I seem a bit harsh — don’t get offended too easily!

Board footer