You are not logged in.

#1 2004-03-01 19:04:29

p0indext0r

Very strange...

I have the strangest problem happening and I don't understand what's going on.

I have quake3, Americas Army and Enemy Territory installed on my system but none of them work. The console(terminal) commands for the games don't even exisit aswell. What I mean is, after you install quake3 it says type quake3 in the console(terminal) to start the game. Well, the command doesn't even show up as an option. Same goes for AA and ET. What's going on? I  even tried exec the binaries of the games directly and it "starts" the game but boots me back to the desktop before any visuals are made. Any ideas as to what's going on? I have also tried running them in root, just incase that was the problem...which never was before but it was just an idea.

I've never had this problem before on any other distro, and I would love to stay with Arch, so hopefully there is a work around.

A couple of other things to mention:

I have full 3d working. glxgears gives me 5800+ fps (faster than slaclware smile )
Tuxracer works with no problems...
My system specs are:

athlon-xp 2500 barton
512 ram
Nvidia gefore4ti4200
30gig hd
(simple and effective system)

I just hope I'm posting enough info and that I'm posting this in the right place on the board.

If anyone can think of anything I will be greatful. Thanks in advance.

If a turtle loses its shell, is it naked or homeless? -- p0indext0r

#2 2004-03-01 20:22:38

Xentac
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: Very strange...

Your PATH doesn't include /usr/local/bin.

Put 'export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin' in your ~/.bashrc and logout then back in.

I have discovered that all of mans unhappiness derives from only one source, not being able to sit quietly in a room
- Blaise Pascal

#3 2004-03-02 00:08:59

p0indext0r

Re: Very strange...

Thanks smile.

If a turtle loses its shell, is it naked or homeless? -- p0indext0r

Board footer