You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-01 15:50:34

PhysicsAndAlcohol

[SOLVED] Alternative to xrandr on Wayland

I'm using GNOME on Wayland and I'm trying to set up PRIME (hybrid graphics). Xrandr doesn't seem to detect my providers.
I guess that's because I'm using Wayland, so I was wondering what I should use instead of xrandr.

Last edited by PhysicsAndAlcohol (2016-11-02 14:17:55)

I use Arch btw

#2 2016-11-01 15:53:00

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Alternative to xrandr on Wayland

There are some options out there.  But sadly wayland's response to many questions along the lines of "how do I do ABC?" are simpy "you shouldn't want to do ABC".

Run gnome on xorg, then just use xrandr.

EDIT: I may have misunderstood - I thought you were trying to specify multiple physical outputs.  If you are just trying to use PRIME, the post two down may be more on point: do you need xrandr?

Last edited by Trilby (2016-11-01 22:18:20)

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2016-11-01 18:04:58

kokoko3k

I'm interested in this too.
Not too much for the resolution change, but for refresh rate... yes!
It is the easy/lighter way to have smooth playback depending on the source video fps.

Help me to improve ssh-rdp !
Retroarch User? Try my koko-aio shader !

#4 2016-11-01 21:07:29

Taijian

PhysicsAndAlcohol wrote:

I'm using GNOME on Wayland and I'm trying to set up PRIME (hybrid graphics). Xrandr doesn't seem to detect my providers.
I guess that's because I'm using Wayland, so I was wondering what I should use instead of xrandr.

Have you tried simply using DRI_PRIME=1 %yourprogramm% ?

AFAIK Wayland is build in such a way that - in conjuction with the up to date gpu drivers from the repo - it will automagically detect your providers, so that there is no need to use xrandr.

#5 2016-11-02 14:16:14

PhysicsAndAlcohol

Taijian wrote:
PhysicsAndAlcohol wrote:

Have you tried simply using DRI_PRIME=1 %yourprogramm% ?

AFAIK Wayland is build in such a way that - in conjuction with the up to date gpu drivers from the repo - it will automagically detect your providers, so that there is no need to use xrandr.

DRI_PRIME=1 works perfectly, thanks mate!

I use Arch btw

Board footer