You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-31 06:04:15

GourdCaptain

Vulkan-Radeon Unable to create Vulkan Instances

Hey. I know it's an experimental Vulkan implementation in a release canidate, but I was excited to try out radeon-vulkan when Arch pushed Mesa 13.0rc2 today. The problem is every program I try with Vulkan support fails to even open. I have a AMD Radeon RX 460 (4 GB), and I have the DRI3 and TearFree options set in Xorg with the AMDGPU driver. Vkcube-git from the AUR just segfaults out of the gate, and Dolphin-Emu-Git says it is "unable to create a vulkan instance" and then fails to run because it can't initialize the video backend. Is there something I'm missing here? (It works fine on my similarly set up other machine with Vulcan-Intel.)

Apologies if this is the wrong forum, I couldn't decide between this, Kernel and Hardware, or AUR given the two Vulkan apps I have to test with (there aren't any in the actual repos as far as I know?)

#2 2016-10-31 14:39:04

Lone_Wolf
Forum Moderator

Re: Vulkan-Radeon Unable to create Vulkan Instances

The RADV driver is far from being feature-complete, and tests have focused on specific games like DotA2 .

Maybe AUR vulkan-caps-viewer can shed some light on what RADV supports.

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#3 2016-10-31 14:50:34

GourdCaptain

Fair enough, it's just the error message of not being able to open a vulkan instance at all sounds liked there's something wrong with my config or something.

EDIT: Should I open a bug somewhere for this, and where?

Last edited by GourdCaptain (2016-10-31 14:51:38)

#4 2016-11-04 16:38:23

Lone_Wolf
Forum Moderator

If the problems still appear with mesa 13.0.0 , i'd check with vkcube and dolphin-emu developers .
They are the ones that should be able to figure out whether the error is in the driver/mesa or their program .

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#5 2016-11-04 16:40:42

GourdCaptain

Yeah, I filled a bug at the Dolphin bug tracker, hasn't been replied to yet. On the plus side, I found out Vkquake works, meaning the Drivers are at least functioning to some extent on my system and it isn't some kind of config issue.

Board footer