You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-06 23:31:11

owblique

[SOLVED] Arduino dependencies

I had a similar question few days ago about logisim's java dependencies https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=219065.  I understood from WorMzy's answer that java-runtime is a virtual package.

Arduino AUR package depends on arduino-builder (arduino-bin), and arduino-builder is not a virtual package.

The package arduino-bin says that it conflicts with arduino and arduino-builder packages.  I cannot understand what the parentheses in arduino-builder(arduino-bin) actually mean and which of those dependencies I should install.

Last edited by owblique (2016-11-07 14:46:32)

#2 2016-11-07 14:02:36

Lone_Wolf

Re: [SOLVED] Arduino dependencies

It is confusing, and i think the problem lies with the arduino-bin pacakge.

If there are multiple packages that provide the same thing, they have to be analysed carefully to figure out proper provides/replaces/conflicts .

arduino AUR requires arduino-builder from community, and several aur packages depend on it .
arduino-builder from community has only dependencies from stock, nothing in stock repos depends on it .
arduino-docs from community has an optdepend on arduino AUR, nothing in stock repos depends on it .
arduino-bin doesn't need arduino, arduino-builder & arduino-docs .

I don't see a perfect solutIon for arduino-bin but this comes close imo :
provides=('arduino')
replaces=('arduino')
conflicts = ('arduino' 'arduino-builder'  'arduino-docs ' )

TL;DR :

There are 2 options for a full arduino install :
1. arduino + arduino-builder and optionally arduino-docs
2. arduino-bin

Last edited by Lone_Wolf (2016-11-07 14:03:09)

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

Board footer