You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-29 07:16:45

kalpakrg

cairo-dock not working after latest updates

Cairo Dock is broken after latest updates. It does not show the dock when started and also shows up some weird looking small square on the screen instead.

I am getting following messages in terminal if I start from terminal.

warning :  (/build/cairo-dock/src/cairo-dock-core-3.4.1/src/implementations/cairo-dock-egl.c:gldi_register_egl_backend:232) 
  Cairo-Dock was not built with EGL support

============================================================================
    Cairo-Dock version : 3.4.1
    Compiled date      : May 18 2015 12:32:11
    Built with GTK     : 3.16
    Running with OpenGL: 0

(cairo-dock:18443): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: <data>:7:1467: The :insensitive pseudo-class is deprecated. Use :disabled instead.

(cairo-dock:18443): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: <data>:7:3649: The :inconsistent pseudo-class is deprecated. Use :indeterminate instead.

(cairo-dock:18443): Gtk-WARNING **: drawing failure for widget 'GtkWindow': invalid value (typically too big) for the size of the input (surface, pattern, etc.)

I suspect it is the gtk3 upgrade that may have broken this.

I tried cairo-dock-git from AUR and also tried to do manually build from source but I get same error.

I was trying install gtk3 version 3.22.1 parallely in a custom location (using --prefix=/opt/custom/gtk3-3.22.1/) but I am doing this for the first time so weary of installing the generated package as it has generated a few files out of the prefix I provided.

Anyone else facing same issues with cairo-dock? Could it be gtk3 update or is it just me?

More information:

❯ pacman -Q cairo-dock
cairo-dock 3.4.1-2

❯ pacman -Q gtk3     
gtk3 3.22.2+4+gc54f348-1

Last edited by kalpakrg (2016-10-29 07:19:23)

#2 2016-10-29 08:01:49

kalpakrg

Re: cairo-dock not working after latest updates

Just logged in to XFCE and it cairo-dock worked fine there. Wonder why it does not work with GNOME Shell. Same set of warnings are outputted if started from terminal.

#3 2016-11-13 17:33:43

tkpandey

I too am facing the same issue.

warning :  (/build/cairo-dock/src/cairo-dock-core-3.4.1/src/implementations/cairo-dock-egl.c:gldi_register_egl_backend:232)  
  Cairo-Dock was not built with EGL support

Cairo-Dock version : 3.4.1
	Compiled date      : May 18 2015 12:32:11
	Built with GTK     : 3.16
	Running with OpenGL: 0

warning :  (/build/cairo-dock/src/cairo-dock-core-3.4.1/src/gldit/cairo-dock-module-manager.c:gldi_module_new_from_so_file:160)  
  while opening module '/usr/lib/cairo-dock/libcd-mail.so' : (libetpan.so.20: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
warning :  (/build/cairo-dock/src/cairo-dock-core-3.4.1/src/gldit/cairo-dock-utils.c:cairo_dock_launch_command_sync_with_stderr:260)  
  No value set for `/desktop/gnome/interface/font_name'

(cairo-dock:11055): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: <data>:7:1467: The :insensitive pseudo-class is deprecated. Use :disabled instead.

(cairo-dock:11055): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: <data>:7:3649: The :inconsistent pseudo-class is deprecated. Use :indeterminate instead.
cairo_dock_create_surface_from_image_simple: assertion 'cImageFile != NULL' failed
warning :  (/build/cairo-dock/src/cairo-dock-core-3.4.1/src/gldit/cairo-dock-keybinder.c:init_object:358)  
  Couldn't bind '<Control>F10' (Recent-Events: Show/hide the Recent Events)
 This shortkey is probably already used by another applet or another application
warning :  (/build/cairo-dock/src/cairo-dock-core-3.4.1/src/gldit/cairo-dock-keybinder.c:init_object:358)  
  Couldn't bind '<Control>F8' (Clipboard history: Pop-up the items menu)
  Couldn't bind '<Super>Return' (Control from keyboard: Enable/disable the keyboard control of the dock)

(cairo-dock:11055): Gtk-WARNING **: drawing failure for widget 'GtkWindow': invalid value (typically too big) for the size of the input (surface, pattern, etc.)
warning :  (/build/cairo-dock/src/cairo-dock-core-3.4.1/src/gldit/cairo-dock-image-buffer.c:cairo_dock_load_image_buffer_from_surface:162)  
  An image has an invalid size, will not be loaded.
warning :  (/build/cairo-dock/src/cairo-dock-core-3.4.1/src/gldit/cairo-dock-image-buffer.c:cairo_dock_load_image_buffer_from_surface:162)  
_cd_find_volume_name_from_drive_name: assertion 'pDrive != NULL' failed
_cd_find_volume_name_from_drive_name: assertion 'pDrive != NULL' failed

#4 2016-11-14 04:50:18

kalpakrg

I figured that the problem was due to Wayland. I switched to GNOME on X and it works fine now.

Board footer