You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-19 14:23:26

graysky
Wiki Maintainer
Website

Split PKGBUILD with multiple sources and checksum arrays [SOLVED]

How can one handle split package with separate source and checksum arrays, one for each split package?  The goal is not force users to download all of the source files if they don't want to build the all of the split packages due to an excessive amount of space one of the split packages will take up.

My PKGBUILD will contain an xscreensaver-hack and a separate package for a large (>5 gigs) amount of videos which are optional since the hack will stream them if they are not present on the filesystem.

EDIT: perhaps this is not possible and I need to create a discrete PKGBUILD for the xscreensaver and one for the optional videos.  Am I correct?

Last edited by graysky (2016-11-19 14:30:58)

CPU-optimized Linux-ck packages @ Repo-ck  • AUR packagesZsh and other configs

#2 2016-11-19 14:25:39

Alad
Wiki Admin/IRC Op
Website

Re: Split PKGBUILD with multiple sources and checksum arrays [SOLVED]

You don't. Create a separate PKGBUILD.

Mods are just community members who have the occasionally necessary option to move threads around and edit posts. -- Trilby

#3 2016-11-19 14:26:19

graysky
Wiki Maintainer
Website

@Alad: Damn, we overlapped on our posts smile

CPU-optimized Linux-ck packages @ Repo-ck  • AUR packagesZsh and other configs

#4 2016-11-19 14:33:55

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

What you are looking for is the opposite of a split package.  The "split" in split package means that the source (or at least on of the sources) is split: some is used for one purpose/package, another is used for a different purpose/package.

- Multiple sources w/ one package -> easy, just use multiple sources in the array.
- One upstream source w/ mutliple packages -> split package
- Multiple sources each independently making their own package -> er ... duh tongue

The only reason I could see for you wanting these to be together in the same PKGBUILD as a "split" package would be to indicate that the two technically independent parts are really meant to work together.  But this could be done with a meta-package, or better yet by just naming them <some-pkg> and <some-pkg>-data or <some-pkg>-media, the latter would be my suggestion as there is good precident for it, and the second package could be listed as an optional dependency for the first.  This would indicate the intent for the two to work together while still giving users the option to not use your media/data files.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

Board footer