You are not logged in.

#1 2004-03-02 16:16:57

arch-fan

package list of widget and network configuration problems

Greetings to all

I have been "strugling" with Arch and there are some questions and a problem that i need to resolve!Help required please !  ! !

is there a list of the packages included in widget 0.6 full iso release ?
Are the kernel sources included in the full iso?

If i download the kde files and put them in a directory can i install them by pacman -A *.* and then resolve the dependencies or i must put them at /var/cash/pacman/ (i don't remeber now the directory)

My biggest problem is configuring arch at my work.
I am a newbie in this field so if someone kindly will help please describe it in details.

I am on a  windows workgroup where a computer acts as a gateway for this workgroup and also this computer is connected by another nic card to an isp and we get the internet through this computer.Also a special dns suffix is required in the network setup.

But there is no nameserver in this network and my computer has a static ip.

i have the module for my network card and I have support in the kernel .it is Realtek RTL8139(A)-based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter and I have loaded the module in  /etc/modules.conf:

i have tried some configuration on my own, (even in Mandrake, i thought there it would be easier there) but i didn't get any result.

Can someone help me configure my network ?

Thanks in advance.

#2 2004-03-02 16:25:14

sarah31
Website

Re: package list of widget and network configuration problems

arch-fan wrote:

Greetings to all

I have been "strugling" with Arch and there are some questions and a problem that i need to resolve!Help required please !  ! !

this can be expected when stepping from one of the distributions that you mention. but if you be patient and stick with it you will be much better off in the end.

[quote}
is there a list of the packages included in widget 0.6 full iso release ?
Are the kernel sources included in the full iso?[/quote}

on the homepage you can click on the widget in the list of releases and that should give you a list of what is on the iso.

yes i believe the kernel source is on whatever disc you used to install from.

If i download the kde files and put them in a directory can i install them by pacman -A *.* and then resolve the dependencies or i must put them at /var/cash/pacman/ (i don't remeber now the directory)

not exactly if the pacman manpage is fixed you should read up on how to set up a local repository. it is easy but there is just a few more steps. by the way pacman -A does not resolve dependencies.

if no one else comes forward i will try and help with your network setup but for now i must get back to work as my break is over.

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

Board footer