You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-24 23:31:38

Salkay

[SOLVED] colord 1.3.4-1 breaks dispwin -I

I just upgraded colord (1.3.3-1 -> 1.3.4-1). However, `dispwin -I`, which is used to install a calibration to a display, now fails.

$ dispwin -I ~/HDD/Computer/Monitor\ profiles/Dell_2412M.icc
Could not import profile /home/salkay/HDD/Computer/Monitor profiles/Dell_2412M.icc: property match 'Filename'='/home/salkay/HDD/Computer/Monitor profiles/Dell_2412M.icc' does not existDispwin: Error - Failed to install profile '/home/salkay/HDD/Computer/Monitor profiles/Dell_2412M.icc'!

I thought maybe the space in the path was to blame, so I tried two other permutations.

$ dispwin -I "/home/salkay/HDD/Computer/Monitor profiles/Dell_2412M.icc"
Could not import profile /home/salkay/HDD/Computer/Monitor profiles/Dell_2412M.icc: property match 'Filename'='/home/salkay/HDD/Computer/Monitor profiles/Dell_2412M.icc' does not existDispwin: Error - Failed to install profile '/home/salkay/HDD/Computer/Monitor profiles/Dell_2412M.icc'!
$ ln -s "/home/salkay/HDD/Computer/Monitor profiles/Dell_2412M.icc" /tmp/temp.icc
$ dispwin -I /tmp/temp.icc
Could not import profile /tmp/temp.icc: The profile was not added in timeDispwin: Error - Failed to install profile '/tmp/temp.icc'!

However, both failed. Has the syntax changed for dispwin/colord, or is this a bug?

I tried reverting to colord 1.3.3-1 and it works fine.

Update

I emailed the mailing list, and it looks like something has broken in the compatibility between dispwin/argyllcms and colord. There should be an update to dispwin that will fix this in the future. Meanwhile, the solution is to either uninstall colord if it's not necessary (I still needed it to let Firefox print), or remove /usr/lib/libcolordcompat.so , which is installed by colord.

Last edited by Salkay (2017-05-08 23:21:11)

Board footer