You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-05 08:18:19

littlegigs

[BT Keyboard] Play, Pause, Back, Next function keys not working.

Hey Guys,

I have a Logitech k830 bluetooth keyboard, On my first install of arch it was working but I was in overstall mode and was still figuring out the system.  Which I then had a touch pad config file stored some where from the wiki, and so on my new system with less installed I have no media buttons in my function keys.  When fKey is press a disabled popup displays on the os, weirdly the back f key works. 

Ive tried to see what the output in showkey -a was but when said key is pressed the disabled popup comes up and showkey registers no input.

Can anyone direct me to the touch pad config file and or keyboard config file?
Or maybe the actual solution.

Regards,

#2 2016-11-05 08:54:39

onslow77

Re: [BT Keyboard] Play, Pause, Back, Next function keys not working.

It is advised to follow the How to post guide when posting on the Arch forum. If one consciously jumps over these elementary steps like reading the wiki and providing necessary information about the problem, one can be regarded as a Help Vampire.

#3 2016-11-25 20:08:02

littlegigs

Hi,

Thanks for the feed back.

So im investigating the xbindkeys. And when I run xbindkeys -k and press the multimedia key nothing happens except a disabled stop sign overlay type dialog.  The other keys are detected even if i press function and the multimedia key it registers (Scheme Function) F11.

Regards,

JAmes

#4 2016-11-25 22:17:03

seth

What "disabled popup" (screenshot?) and what "touch pad config file" (please post contents in code tags)
What *likely* happens is that the config file catches the multimedia keys (which will be an extra device in the "xinput" output) so for a quick confirmation, move that configlet away and restart X11.

#5 2016-11-26 09:38:01

littlegigs

Hey Guys,

Once again thanks for all the effort in trying to help me.  I copied the 70-synaptics.conf and 40-libinput.conf to /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ and after restarting X11 all seems to be good.

Now my next challenge is to get the two finger tap to bring up the right click menu, Any feed back in the direction I should be looking will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Board footer