You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-22 23:50:16

gsgleason

pulseaudio always fails to daemonize

I have reinsatlled  pulseaudio and libpulse to no avail, removing all config files in the process.

Whenever I start pulseaudio, it fails to daemonize.  If I run with debug log level, I see the following:

D: [pulseaudio] module.c: Checking for existence of '/usr/lib/pulse-9.0/modules/module-esound-protocol-unix.so': success
I: [pulseaudio] module.c: Loaded "module-esound-protocol-unix" (index: #9; argument: "").
E: [pulseaudio] socket-server.c: bind(): Address already in use
E: [pulseaudio] module.c: Failed to load module "module-native-protocol-unix" (argument: ""): initialization failed.
E: [pulseaudio] main.c: Module load failed.
E: [pulseaudio] main.c: Failed to initialize daemon.

When I check my processes afterward, I see it running as:

/usr/bin/pulseaudio --daemonize=no

#2 2016-11-26 13:26:21

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: pulseaudio always fails to daemonize

XY Problem. What do you want to do exactly? What is your end goal, or what problems are you facing (does sound not work?, only in a few applications?)? . Add to that fact that pulseaudio will get autostarted by your systemd user service as soon as an application checks for pulse's availability, which is what you see and why you can't load pulse a second time, it is already running (and said systemd service explicitly starts --daemonize=no so that it get's notified when startup is complete).

Last edited by V1del (2016-11-26 13:52:15)

Board footer