You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-26 17:39:22

jlindgren

[SOLVED] Qt5 documentation not showing up in Qt Creator

I have qtcreator 4.1.0-4 and qt5-doc 5.7.0-1 installed, but the Qt5 documentation is not showing up in QtCreator at all.  (The Help Contents pane shows 14 identical sections all named "Qt Creator Manual 4.1.0".)  In the past, I could access documentation for e.g. QWidget from within QtCreator's help system, or even place the cursor on a QWidget declaration in my code and press F1 to get to the QWidget help page.

Does anyone know why the integrated help might not be working any more?

qtcreator prints the following errors on startup, no idea if they are related or not:

Cannot update Qt version information: /usr/lib/qt/bin/qmake cannot be run.
virtual void fulltextsearch::clucene::QHelpSearchIndexWriter::run(): Failed because of CLucene exception.
virtual void fulltextsearch::clucene::QHelpSearchIndexWriter::run(): Failed because of CLucene exception.
Full Text Search, could not optimize index.

Last edited by jlindgren (2016-11-26 18:56:59)

#2 2016-11-26 18:42:49

Raynman

Re: [SOLVED] Qt5 documentation not showing up in Qt Creator

jlindgren wrote:
Cannot update Qt version information: /usr/lib/qt/bin/qmake cannot be run.

You can start by fixing this. qtchooser was removed some time ago and this executable is now in /usr/bin/.

#3 2016-11-26 18:56:33

jlindgren

Re: [SOLVED] Qt5 documentation not showing up in Qt Creator

Raynman wrote:

You can start by fixing this. qtchooser was removed some time ago and this executable is now in /usr/bin/.

You had me scratching my head there for a minute, but eventually I found a setting in Tools -> Options -> Build & Run -> Qt Versions that was pointing to /usr/lib/qt/bin/qmake.  I changed that to point to /usr/bin/qmake and all the documentation is showing up again.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  I'll mark this as solved.

Board footer