You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-30 16:21:36

lagagnon
Website

"wsjtx": compile errors

On attempt to install the "wsjtx" package from the AUR I get the following errors:

-- The C compiler identification is unknown
-- The CXX compiler identification is unknown
-- The Fortran compiler identification is GNU 6.2.1
f95: error trying to exec 'cc1': execvp: No such file or directory
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc -- broken
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-3.6/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:61 (message):
  The C compiler "/usr/bin/cc" is not able to compile a simple test program.

It fails with the following output:

Change Dir: /home/larry/.cache/pacaur/wsjtx-svn/src/wsjtx/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Philosophy is looking for a black cat in a dark room. Metaphysics is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there. Religion is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there and shouting "I found it!". Science is looking for a black cat in a dark room with a flashlight.

#2 2016-11-30 16:46:36

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: "wsjtx": compile errors

Often this is the result of a problem in an enviornment variable (e.g., LDFLAGS) Have you made changes to environment variables in makepkg.conf?  Do you set any compiler-relevant variables in a shellrc file?  The surest test of either of these is to grab the output of `env` in the build function right before cmake:

cd $srcdir/build
    env > logfile
    cmake -Wno-dev -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release $srcdir/$pkgname-$pkgver

Then post the contents of src/build/logfile (a `grep -i flags` filter of the env would likely be sufficient).

The package seems ok.  I didn't install all the deps to complete the build, but those cmake checks passed without issue.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

Board footer