You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-02 14:48:28

solar

quarellium berries with OB dock area, tint2, gtk3 deprecation, fix?

Heya.. I use openbox, tint2 and a mix of the gtks.

I have noticed as some gdk,gtk stuff get deprectaed in gtk3, it might lead to some systray icons having offset popup areas in tint2.

After rewriting gnome-pie a day ago or so, and realising it didn't change the behaviour, I found it to be this issue:

If tint2 is _not_placed in openbox's dock area, then the pop up menus actually work ok. (something I didn't realise). however, if I place tint2 in openbox's dockarea, my 2nd monitor's tint2 eff's off the screen sigh.

So it's either lame placed offsets or no tint2 on 2nd monitor. none are good tongue

This happens to me on what I presume are some gtk3 systray apps, e.g. caffeine-ng + gnome-pies (not adopted by me as Pies).

Other icons like somafm-qt, parcellite and pnmixer work fine, either way. I presume they are gtk2 and the qt well prolly just iives it's own life on there tongue

Anyone who has some good ideas how to

A. minimise /resize somehow the openbox dock area (doesn't have such settings in OB guide so hmm)
B. if not placing tint2 in dock area, how to make sure tint2 finds itself correctly to the monitor edge without openbox interfering?

Cheers.

Oh, and I can slap up Pies in aur as it's supposedly desktop agnostic now, but dbus-dependent though. (just gonna add a mod or two more).

I am hilariously insane. yup. you won't notice though.. I promise...I think.

Board footer