You are not logged in.

#1 2006-05-27 22:22:02

Komodo

Opera video plugin doesn't function, despite correct path

opera: Plug-in 3699 is not responding. It will be closed.
opera: Define environment variable OPERA_KEEP_BLOCKED_PLUGIN to keep blocked plug-ins.

I've added /opt/mozilla/lib/plugins in the Opera settings, and it clearly _tries_ to load the plugin, since there's a grey block where the video should be.

But nothing actually plays...

Any advice?

.oO Komodo Dave Oo.

#2 2006-05-28 02:03:48

babyigor37

Re: Opera video plugin doesn't function, despite correct path

What plugin are you trying to use and what version of Opera?  If you're using mplayer-plugin, I don't think Arch's package doesn't play well with Opera.  Mozplugger has worked for me.  If you're using the Opera 9 beta, then you might want to check out this discussion on the Opera forums.  Somewhere in there, there's a compiled version of mplayer-plugin that will work with Opera 9.

#3 2006-05-28 12:23:47

Komodo

babyigor37 wrote:

What plugin are you trying to use and what version of Opera?  If you're using mplayer-plugin, I don't think Arch's package doesn't play well with Opera.  Mozplugger has worked for me.  If you're using the Opera 9 beta, then you might want to check out this discussion on the Opera forums.  Somewhere in there, there's a compiled version of mplayer-plugin that will work with Opera 9.

Sweet, cheers man; I am indeed using the beta. I'll go look in the Opera forums for the compiled plugin wink

.oO Komodo Dave Oo.

#4 2006-05-28 15:35:54

Komodo

kk, cheers for verification pholie wink

.oO Komodo Dave Oo.

Board footer