You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-06 14:09:54

Gaidar.OS

Nemo crashes after fresh install

So.. I had a few issues with my previous installation, I was trying a lot of thing and some broke along the way, and i decided to make a clean install of Arch. Even though I don't think it was necessary i downloaded the latest .iso and made the installation.
I used Cinnamon as DE and installed Nemo and Nemo-fileroller as well. So far so good.
Once I logged in I opened Nemo to recover my backup files and because i don't like the initial view i went to Preferences to change the setting. And then it crashed. Initially i thought it was weird so I tried again to verify if that was the problem and of course it happened again.
So i tried to run it from the terminal to see what errors i would get so I could search for the solution and what i found was that the terminal was filled with:

(nemo:1228): Gtk-WARNING **: Allocating size to NemoWindowPane 0x14693d0 without calling gtk_widget_get_preferred_width/height(). How does the code know the size to allocate?
(nemo:1228): Gtk-WARNING **: Allocating size to NemoWindowPane 0x14693d0 without calling gtk_widget_get_preferred_width/height(). How does the code know the size to allocate?

But it did not crash even though it had all those warnings. So I tried to open Preferences again and this popped up in the terminal:

(nemo:1228): GLib-CRITICAL **: init_zone_from_iana_info: assertion 'size >= sizeof (struct tzhead) && memcmp (header, "TZif", 4) == 0' failed
(nemo:1228): GLib-CRITICAL **: interval_offset: assertion 'tz->t_info != NULL' failed
(nemo:1228): GLib-CRITICAL **: interval_abbrev: assertion 'tz->t_info != NULL' failed
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

So after seeing all these errors I thought it was a gtk error but i couldn't find anything to fix it(could it be that i'm THAT but at searching?)
What I did find was a similar case of Nemo crashing, a bit older though in which case the problem was fixed by downgrading the package. Unfortunately that did not work in my case.
While this is happening on my desktop, my laptop is working just fine with Cinnamon and Nemo. Although the installation there was about 6 months ago I update regularly and have no issues. Which is exactly what baffles me.

In case it is relevant have Nvidia graphics card with the mesa drivers installed.
I'm not sure exactly what other information I should provide, but i'd like to get rid of the problem because it is really nice working on Arch.

Board footer