You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-10 22:19:08

eastballz

Macbook Pro 10.1 problem with Live USB

So I created the Live USB from mac OS using dd, and the booted it to install arch. Two errors came up. The first one says:

[Firmware Bug] ioapic 2 has no mapping iommu, interrupt remapping will be disabled

The second:

ASPM: Could not configure common clock

Following this, the loader fails to load the Live USB with the error:

ERROR ´/dev/disk/by-label/ARCH_201612´ device did not show up after 30 seconds...

If unplug and plug back in the usb during the 30 second wait (or after Im thrown to the interactive prompt and then exit) it is detected, the installer boots fine and I can install arch.

However, the two problems listed above persist when booting the installed system, and I suspect they are causing some serious problems.

Last edited by eastballz (2016-12-10 22:20:05)

#2 2016-12-10 23:04:28

JohnBobSmith

Re: Macbook Pro 10.1 problem with Live USB

Have you seen this Fedora thread? https://ask.fedoraproject.org/en/questi … o-mapping/. Despite being Fedora, this is a perfect match for your problem.

I am diagnosed with bipolar disorder. As it turns out, what I thought was my greatest weakness is now my greatest strength.

Everyday, I make a conscious choice to overcome my challenges and my problems. It's not easy, but its better than the alternative...

#3 2016-12-10 23:12:02

eastballz

Re: Macbook Pro 10.1 problem with Live USB

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately, I had already tried that solution (although I'm using rEFInd so I added the boot option there), but it did not help with the problem. I still get the "could not configure common clock" message.

Board footer