You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-17 19:53:18

keitolainen

disable pointer on air mouse remote control

Hello,

I have an AliTV Remote V1 Airmouse and I would like to disable to the mouse pointer for it. I'm using Gnome 3.22.2 with Wayland.

My main issue is I run a multimedia program (kodi) on a secondary screen, which is connected to a tv. When I pick up the remote to use it the mouse pointer flails around wildly and causes kodi to lose focus, which causes the actual play/pause/etc buttons to stop working. There is a "disable mouse pointer button" on the remote which works fine, but after ~1 minute of being idle, the remote goes into sleep mode and the pointer behaviour is reset. That means that effectively every time I pick up the remote to do anything, kodi loses focus and the remote will not work until I mouse over kodi and press the disable pointer button again.

I would like to disable the mouse pointer entirely. This post (https://romain.blogreen.org/blog/2016/0 … te-device/) shows how to do it in Xorg, by turning down the mouse sensitivity for a specific device to effectively 0. Is there a way to do this in Wayland?

Thanks.

Board footer